BUFFALO WILD WINGS

Options
astuderus
astuderus Posts: 31 Member
This weekend, my sister and I are going baby clothes shopping and she wants to go try the new Buffalo Wild Wings....HELP. Any suggestions? Tips? Anything helps.

Replies

• Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    research nutritional value of their food, or similar food and know ahead of time what you are going to order that way you have a plan of attack.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Tips get the garlic parm buffalo wings .... they are BANGIN!!! o and yeah have fun ;-) a few wings is no big deal
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love this place!
    They have some "naked" tenders. Not the same as some good ole wings, and I have to have some wings when I am there.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Email them and ask for a nutritional guide ..they will give it to you.

The best option I believe is the grilled chicken tenders, with sauce and fries.. still has a lot of sodium, but the calories are pretty in check.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Each wing at Buffalo Wild Wings contains 72 calories and 5 g of fat. The boneless wings contain 150 calories and 10 g of fat in each three-piece serving. Your healthiest meat option is the chicken sandwich. Order it grilled with a side of carrots and celery to replace the fries for 470 calories and 7 g of fat. The sandwich also comes with lettuce, tomato and onion, which increases the nutritional value slightly. Another healthy option is the Naked Tenders, pieces of grilled chicken with sauce that contain 43 calories and 2 g of fat per tender.

Among the most popular side orders at Buffalo Wild Wings are the french fries, with 280 calories and 10 g of fat, and onion rings, 460 calories and 26 g of fat. Pass on any of the fried sides, because they are also high in fat and salt. Your healthiest bet is the veggie boat, a side of fresh carrots and celery with fat-free ranch dressing. These vegetables are high in fiber, vitamin A and potassium, and contain just a few calories per serving. A side salad with fat-free ranch is another choice that provides vitamins and minerals, with about 250 calories and 11 g of fat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/431141-healthy-options-at-buffalo-wild-wings/#ixzz1yMAk16wP
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Well wings are really up there in fat in calories. That being said you are probably going to get a lot of people saying that you shouldnt go which I think is nonsense because we are not on diets , we are changing our lifestyles. No food should be off limits unless you can't CONTROL yourself lol. So I say go for it but make sure you arent starving, Eat really clean /low calorie your other meals and drink buckets of water to flush your system. Also get in a workout and pre-log it in your diary to see what the damage is going to be. You might decide it's not worth it. Also I am not familiar with their menus but perhaps there are healthier alternatives there.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love BWW. Typically I will get either the 6 naked tenders with desert heat rub and a side salad (sub for fries) or a black bean burger with a side salad. You can sub the black bean patty for any burger on the menu and it's actually pretty dang good.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    or just do this
    Buffalo Wild Wings - Grilled Chicken Salad /No Dressing (Updated 2012)
    Calories 430 Sodium 790 mg
    Total Fat 17 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 6 g Total Carbs 38 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 6 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 39 g
    Cholesterol 85 mg
    the site also says they have fat free ranch
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Tips get the garlic parm buffalo wings .... they are BANGIN!!! o and yeah have fun ;-) a few wings is no big deal

YUM!!!!! Seriously, people overreact to food haha
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can plan to make things fit into your diet as much as you can. But, when I go to places like this, I just plan to work out extra if needed. Alliteratively, I sometimes just take it as a "free day" and just go in knowing I am going to go over in calories and just let it go.

But this it just me and may not fit into your execution of your diet.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love this place!
    They have some "naked" tenders. Not the same as some good ole wings, and I have to have some wings when I am there.

Naked Tenders are great!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Split some wings. Count it into your day. Manage the rest of the day appropriately. Doesn't have to be a big deal.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I love BWW and wings!! Wings are my favorite and I also enjoy beer when consuming wings.

Are you all ready to GASP......I just don't give a **** and I don't track dinner that night. If I know I'm going I'll push harder and longer in the gym but that is about it. I'll also drink a crap ton of water too. I want to say I had about 10-12 wings last time I went !!

I'm a couple pounds from goal and Buffalo Wild Wings and beer has not affected my weight loss at all.

It's ONE dinner, It won't throw you off track:) Just enjoy yourself and the time with your sister:flowerforyou:
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I wish BWW would come north!!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    "Naked Tenders" and sub a side salad for the fries. Take it easy on the sauce and salad dressing.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    The Naked Tenders are great. I get them in a kid's meal, I think that's three tenders because I don't eat very much at one time when I'm out. Get the sauce on the side rather than on the chicken itself. Garlic Parmesan is absolutely delicious. I think I also got a fruit cup with mine but I could be wrong. We don't have one here yet (it's being built!) but I like to go when I'm at the beach. Plus, there is a great frozen yogurt shop down the way from it so healthy choices at dinner leave some extra calories :)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Have a cheat meal! And get the mango habenero (sp?) wings...they are the bomb...and some cheese wedges. yum!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you are going low cal, naked tenders and side salad are as low as I could figure. Good luck!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have the official nutritional information for BWW, sent to me from the company. Message me if you'd like to have it.