Husband lost weight fast -- so not fair!

Options
2»

Replies

• rasja
    rasja Posts: 17
    Options
    30 lbs in 2.5 weeks isnt even humanly possible. that is more than 1.5 lbs per day. did you see that scale before he started dieting and now or are you going by his word? I dont care how much water weight he had, 1.5 lbs lost per day is drastically unhealthy. dont mean to be harsh or anything, but i feel as though there is something missing to this story, because the fact of the matter is, losing weight is not that easy.

Sounds like you are a little frustrated by his weight loss too, eh :mad: It is humanly possible....when I first started at the end of Feb, I used mfp's guidelines for losing 2 lbs per week and lost 12# the 1st week and 3 # the second week. Since then, my weight loss has slowed significantly but everyone's body is different.

Thanks for your - technically - double response! Indeed, it is humanly possible. I replied to the person, as well.

You are a testament to that, too. Gosh, 15 lbs in two weeks? See, that sounds impossible, but it's not! After being here just this short time and reading people's experiences, I'm realizing how different we all are.

Some people, like my husband, had extremely poor diets and so when they changed to whole foods or different diets, that alone, made a huge difference. Plus, he drank Coca Cola from morning to night.
  • rasja
    Options
    Guys bodies are very different than ours.

Yes, it sucks.

I started with a trainer at 220 and lost 40 lbs over the course of about 9 months (staggered)

Husband saw the change and decided to give it a whirl, he lost 40 lbs in about a month!
    Doing the exact same thing I was. It was irritating.

Even now that we're not with the trainer, but still workingout and eating correctly this past 2 weeks he has dropped 13 lbs.
    Ive only lost 3.

GRRRRRRRR :explode: :grumble:

Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing! You are an inspiration to me!

40 lbs in one month? See, our bodies are so different!

Of course, our hubbies must have far more muscle than us, so they burn fat rapidly.
  • rasja
    Options
    I so feel your pain, my husband who's 6'6" dropped 70 lbs in just over 5 months- and it sure didn't look like he was tring very hard. We worked out together and both cut calories but the weight just fell off him- me I've been at this for 10 months and am only down 43 lbs- I hit a plateua- him NOT!!!!!!!!!!! You should hear our discussions about it.

Thanks so much for your response. Your post made me laugh out loud because that's exactly what I'm talking about. "Sure didn't look like he was trying very hard..." yet he lost so much, seemingly easily!

Congrats! 43 lbs. is an amazing weight loss, and obviously you've worked very hard and stayed focused.

I originally posted, because it's as if my hubby just snapped his fingers and looks amazing, while I'm just inching along like a turtle. He's going to have toned abs in no time, and I'll be about, what, six months or so behind him. We will see about that!
  • rasja
    Options
    Me and My o/h started this together hes already lost all his weight and im just at half way im like jeeze what a bummer but im still plodding along!! Lol

Ugh, that's exactly how I feel! Of course, we're happy they lost and are looking great, but we're like turtles inching along.
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I always joke with my husband, when I diet he loses 10 pounds and I gain 10 pounds. It always happens. I eat good, exercise do what I am supposed to and I gain weight. Then because he is eating better (for me) he loses weight!! WTH!
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm never sure what "Fair" has to do with anything. We each have our particular metabolisms, genetics and tendencies. You have to work with yours and he with his. Find what works for you and give it your best! I wish you well in meeting your goals.

Too right buddy, she is going to live 4 years more than her husband (on average), is that fair? It is what it is.