What did u do today?

Options
2»

Replies

• freezeframe
    Options
    I went to the beach to watch Hurricane BIll, it was absolutely amazing!!! The waves were crazy and scary all at the same time. It was a very cool way to spend a Sunday afternoon, I've never been that wet with my clothes on before!! The rain felt like pellets beating off of us the wind was so strong.

Where do you live? Just curious where Bill actually hit.

I am in Nova Scotia
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Did 15 min of ab crunches this morning, another 15 min of them this afternoon, then 20 min of cardio (my Biggest Loser dvd) Went to the gym yesterday for an hour on the treadmill (45 min at 3.5, 5 incline) and 15 min on the elliptical. Tomorrow is my day to rest........:smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Suffered a moderate hamstring injury about a week ago, so most of this week has been heat, ice, and stretch. Finally got the pain down enough yesterday to start some more aggressive rehab. So, 30 min on the cross trainer today, but only at about 85% of usual effort. Then lots o' leg work--squats, lunges, leg extension, hamstring curls, hip extension--in addition to normal strength routine. Will do another 20-30 min on stairclimber tonight and hope to go back to running in a week.

Hope you feel 100% soon :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    its pretty much been a lazy day but i did some strength training :bigsmile:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I normally work on Sundays-but I took today off and went to church, exercised, and cleaned my oven-UGH! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to the beach and fought the waves. Doesnt sound like much, but in So Fla we dont get many waves. The weather system churning in the NE must have had an effect on the tides here and it was nuts.

We were 30 ft from the breakers when suddenly the ocean sucked out, and then came all the way up to where we were sitting. PPL went scrambling along the beach. It was crazy stuff.

We stayed for a few hours and stood int he surf. Man talk about a core builder!!

:glasses: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to the beach to watch Hurricane BIll, it was absolutely amazing!!! The waves were crazy and scary all at the same time. It was a very cool way to spend a Sunday afternoon, I've never been that wet with my clothes on before!! The rain felt like pellets beating off of us the wind was so strong.

Where do you live? Just curious where Bill actually hit.

I am in Nova Scotia

It is so cool that we both experienced the storm on opposite ends!!

The surf was a amazing here. :flowerforyou:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Today: 30 mins on the stairclimber @level4 & 35 mins on the elliptical to the tune of almost 700 cals. Yesterday: 45 mins elliptical & 45 mins treadmill in 1 min intervals of walk (3.0) & jog/run (5.5). Had to take it easy today b/c the treadmill really kicked my *kitten* yesterday-only been doing it for about 1 week & never for more than 20 mins :p)
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning and ate an okay breakfast, cleaned the oven and the kitchen, ugh, hate the oven. Cleaned the litter box and took the trash out. Did the bike for 25 minutes. About 145 calories burned. Watched a couple of re-runs of The Biggest Loser. Made lunch, ate, and watched a little more TV. Then went and picked up limbs from the yard, filled in a doggie hole, and un-potted two dead ferns to reuse the pots later. Took a cold shower, ate supper, and here I am. Gonna get ready to do the bike again.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I was lazy most of the day, but decided I would do an easy 10 mile bike ride and ended up doing 21 miles :happy:
  • sarahhogan
    Options
    I hit the gym this morning!
    I did 20minutes on the cross trainer,15minutes on the row machine,10mini on the stair climber,weights and walked an hour also! :smile:

So feel great after that! Love the gym,exercise makes you happy!!! and sooo much energy!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I worked from 7:45 am - 12pm. I came home and napped the day away. I'm getting ready now to go walk 3 miles. Cindy :heart:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    i bet i lost more callories in this day than in any other day, i went to the beach in the morning, slow walk, then flew on an airobatics airplane, i was so nervous the whole day before the flight that i think i burned my callories , my heart didnt stoped for a minute :p
  • nmartin07
    nmartin07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did 35 minutes of circuit training with weights and 25 minutes of cardio (treadmill and elliptical trainer). Then I stretched for about 5 minutes afterwards.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I woke early - couldn't sleep - so I went for a 4 mile walk before it got too warm.
    Repotted some houseplants,
    went out to lunch,
    made new curtains for the bathroom (which was repainted LAST August!) while hubby put up the rods & shades.
    :smile:
    Then I've been sitting here at the computer being lazy for hours.
    :frown:
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I am visiting the family in Portsmouth (UK) this weekend for my ma's birthday, so today me, my sis, her 18 month little girl and my ma went out shopping, which took 3 hours of walking really slowly (for my ma) and running after the baby around the shops.

After only a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea for breakfast I was exhausted and had a migraine coming on. We stopped for lunch and I was good, chicken salad sandwich no spread, but when we got back to the house I had to have 2 paracetomols and a 20 minute sleep to kick the headache.

My ma then proceeded to make dinner of creamy chicken curry with single cream instead of double (like that really made a difference :grumble: ) so I only eat half of my serving.

After calculating the food and the excercise I went 71 calories over my daily amount... :frown: I have not had the chance to do any real excercise here as the area my parents live in is dodgy as hell so I can't really go for a run unless i want to get mugged, shot or robbed :angry: so instead before I jump in the shower tonight I will just do some stretches and maybe a little boogie with my iPod on in my room!

Lord help me when I come home for Christmas! Are we allowed to take the 3 days of Christmas off?? :happy:

I also just got back from visiting family and I really struggled keeping my calories within bounds. Not only did I not work out, but I went over my calories by a lot every day. Ugggh!! I was trying to be really careful, but we had a wedding and the alcohol definately put me over. Oh, and great, I didn't even log in the piece of wedding cake. Great! That probably had enough fat and carbs to feed a small country. Not only that, but my mother-in-law snacks all the time and doesn't cook healthy by any means. So every breakfast was fried and greasy with lots of potatoes and sausage and she has lots of snacks around
    the house to tempt people. I thought I was being good. I guess not. I will just have to get back to my diet tomorrow and get myself of the treadmill. I am glad I am not the only person who can't keep within her limits when around family!
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I also just got back from visiting family and I really struggled keeping my calories within bounds. Not only did I not work out, but I went over my calories by a lot every day. Ugggh!! I was trying to be really careful, but we had a wedding and the alcohol definately put me over. Oh, and great, I didn't even log in the piece of wedding cake. Great! That probably had enough fat and carbs to feed a small country. Not only that, but my mother-in-law snacks all the time and doesn't cook healthy by any means. So every breakfast was fried and greasy with lots of potatoes and sausage and she has lots of snacks around
    the house to tempt people. I thought I was being good. I guess not. I will just have to get back to my diet tomorrow and get myself of the treadmill. I am glad I am not the only person who can't keep within her limits when around family!
  • LydiaJay
    LydiaJay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am visiting the family in Portsmouth (UK) this weekend for my ma's birthday, so today me, my sis, her 18 month little girl and my ma went out shopping, which took 3 hours of walking really slowly (for my ma) and running after the baby around the shops.

After only a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea for breakfast I was exhausted and had a migraine coming on. We stopped for lunch and I was good, chicken salad sandwich no spread, but when we got back to the house I had to have 2 paracetomols and a 20 minute sleep to kick the headache.

My ma then proceeded to make dinner of creamy chicken curry with single cream instead of double (like that really made a difference :grumble: ) so I only eat half of my serving.

After calculating the food and the excercise I went 71 calories over my daily amount... :frown: I have not had the chance to do any real excercise here as the area my parents live in is dodgy as hell so I can't really go for a run unless i want to get mugged, shot or robbed :angry: so instead before I jump in the shower tonight I will just do some stretches and maybe a little boogie with my iPod on in my room!

Lord help me when I come home for Christmas! Are we allowed to take the 3 days of Christmas off?? :happy:

what type of medicine is paracetomols, i'm just wondering my supervisor suffers with terrible migraines

I took my usual Nurofen 200 but I took 2 because I wanted the migraine to just disappear!
  • LydiaJay
    LydiaJay Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I am finally home in Amsterdam and typing up my calories for today...but as today was my mums birthday we went out to lunch, and her best friend tricked us into having desert just so we could put a candle in it! i am not looking forward to seeing the final results on today's tracker......who made families cook?!!
    well thank god I am back home so I can cycle to work for the next 4 days and get rid of all these extras!!