i came across this today...

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
so i've been wondering about loose skin and came across this...i'm not sure what to believe it makes some kind of sense but the guy comes off sounding like a total d-bag lol butttttt it makes sense
http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

i dont know how to link it from here tho sorry

Replies

• jdejre_k
    jdejre_k Posts: 54
    I've come across this website before and I agree... he does sound like a "d-bag."

I did research this guy and most nutritionists do not recommend it, because there is a risk of being malnourished if one goes so far under their optimal body weight. If I remember correctly, he recommended losing 20 lbs after reaching optimal weight and then adding it back on to get rid of excess skin (which he states is actually fat still hiding under the excess skin).

My first red flag for his site is that he is unwilling to post testimonials (other than his own) and just criticizes anybody who disagrees with him. That is never a good sign!

Most professionals in the field agree- the only way to naturally avoid the excess skin is to lose the weight slowly and let the skin shrink with the fat. No lotions, creams, body butters or malnutrition is going to work. Or, have surgery to remove the skin... but we are trying to avoid that!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    I've come across this website before and I agree... he does sound like a "d-bag."

I did research this guy and most nutritionists do not recommend it, because there is a risk of being malnourished if one goes so far under their optimal body weight. If I remember correctly, he recommended losing 20 lbs after reaching optimal weight and then adding it back on to get rid of excess skin (which he states is actually fat still hiding under the excess skin).

My first red flag for his site is that he is unwilling to post testimonials (other than his own) and just criticizes anybody who disagrees with him. That is never a good sign!

Most professionals in the field agree- the only way to naturally avoid the excess skin is to lose the weight slowly and let the skin shrink with the fat. No lotions, creams, body butters or malnutrition is going to work. Or, have surgery to remove the skin... but we are trying to avoid that!
    i thought he said to lose 20lbs of fat and replace it with 20lbs of lean muscle...to balance out ur body? lemme go reread maybe i saw it wrong lol doh im a ditz :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.