Ever feel like you can't wear nice clothes?

Options
Do you ever feel like you can't wear nice clothes until you lose weight?

So I have always ALWAYS loved a certain sort of fashion style but I have never been confident enough to wear it. I'm really into the bohemian, vintage romantic style, like long gypsy shirts, tunics, as well as some vintage stuff as seen on modcloth.com. I just DROOL over that website. XD But then I always think about how one, I can't afford any of it, and two, if I could, I would just look so silly or it wouldn't look good on me because I'm not as in shape as I could be.

Sure, I wear dresses every now and then because I like to dress up, but I'm a jeans and a t-shirt/tank top kind of girl and I have been forever because it's kind of like a safety blanket to wear the same type of clothes I've always worn, people even expect it...but secretly I've always wanted to dress differently, but I can't help feeling that it just wouldn't..make sense if I were to one day suddenly change my style and people would be like...O.o

Has anyone ever felt this way? Like you CAN'T wear certain clothes or a bikini (or won't) until you lose weight? I feel like that now. :(

Replies

• KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I want to wear like the style on yesstyle.com. The Korean/Asian stuff because it's SO cute. But it seems...so tiny. And I usually just wear skinny jeans and t-shirts, more of a darker style. And I feel like I can't buy any of their clothes until I lose weight. I really want to have more of a different style. Like, I want to wear the cute mini-dresses on that website and their skirts, and shirts that show a little bit of skin here and there. But I feel like I can't until I lose weight.
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump!

There must be others who feel this way too?
  • Renee253
    Renee253 Posts: 16
    Options
    Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I'm so tired of wearing sweat pant and big t's. I sooo self consious about my "muffin top" that most of the time they come off and the sweat pants go back on again. I have about 45 lbs. to loose and I can't wait until I can look decent in a pair of jeans. One day soon...this is my dream
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yeh, definitely feel this way every time I go clothes shopping. My choice of clothes is always whatever makes me look less fat and hides the fat bits. I feel dowdy and can't wear the clothes I want to.
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    yup,same here. i've always wanted to wear a '90s style but it would look so ridiculous on me :/ so i'm waiting for it until i don't lose weight
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Even after loosing some weight, I still feel like I won't look good in some clothing. I've always wanted to wear dresses/skirt but imagined a terrible picture of myself in them lol.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yeah :/ And I just feel stupid when I try to dress how I really want. Like someone would be like wow why does she even bother? :sad:
    I would love to wear skirts and heels and japaneseish style stuff ^_^ but .... stick with ordinary boy clothes
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! i have a bigger upper body, man-sized shoulders and all, which def put me off of wearing certain things. My biggest issue now is my upper arms and chest/side area. I'm always adjusting to have minimal chub-spillage over my bra lol.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do alot. Many a time I've gone into a store tried on stuff I like and walked out with nothing since I felt I could never pull it off. Mostly wear yoga pants since they are a bit flattering.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yup. I live in jeans and big baggy tshirts.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would love to just put on sleeveless tank top and shorts, look in the mirror with pride and off I go. No agonizing about whether I look okay or less fat!