Foodaholoic!!!

Options
I think I have an addiction to food....scratch that....I know I have an addiction to food. I decided to finally see food for what it is and that is fuel and nothing else.

I have yo-yo dieted from high school forward and things have only gotten worse since getting married and working a full time job. I want to have a baby before I get too old (I just turned 30 in March) and I know that right now that would be hell on my body. I started the couch to 5K program last week but seem to be having some issues with my legs (and probably should have gotten checked out anyway) so I am going to have a physical next week to get a baseline and see what the deal is.

I love to excercise (not the actual excercising but the way it makes me feel during and afterward.) I just have to get myself into a routine and get moving. I plan to lose 100 pounds by this time next year. In the meantime I want to get healthy and feel good!

Replies

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me for support! the community on here is incredible and motivational!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Have you read the Secrets of a Former Fat Girl? I just finished it - sounds like something that you would benefit from! Good luck with your journey :drinker:
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm an absolute foodaholic as well! I've found that finding recipes and substitutions have saved my lifestyle change. Oh - and staying the heck out of restaurants.
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Feel free to add hun!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I also love food. It is possible to lose weight AND eat food that you enjoy - logging your food in MFP will help you get the right balance. The fact that you enjoy exercise will also help. Once you get the ok from your doctor you can get started on that routine. Good luck with your weight loss, aiming to feel good and healthy is an excellent start.
  • jendeb311
    jendeb311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a comfort/stress eater. I LOVE food and get horrible cravings that I do not seem to have the willpower to overcome.
    I absolutley love to eat out...entering my restruant calories into MFP has REALLY opened my eyes! Now if they could just bottle willpower!