For me it's all or nothing

Options
Hi All!

Yes, some people call me "hard core". I eat clean 99% of the time, no added sugar fats etc. I exercise daily as well. I am the type that has to go all or nothing or I tend to go backwards.

I gave up sugar the first day of this journey and now believe it's been the absolute best thing I have done for myself. It has completely changed my taste buds, and now eating something as simple as a peach is the most amazing thing.

I have been on my wellness journey for 2 months now and have lost 25lbs. I am hoping to share my journey with others that have the same goals and share the same dedication when it comes to healthy eating. This is a complete lifestyle change for me and I feel awesome!

Thanks for reading, hoping to meet some new friends!

Replies

• jackscyn
    jackscyn Posts: 4
    Options
    That is amazing! I'm an "all or nothing" kind of person, too. You are doing a great job.
  • Olivia_Avery
    Options
    I'm the same! I have to say just fruits, veges, nuts/seeds, legumes, and whole grains. I don't have the willpower to treat myself every once in a while- it's either my old deadly diet or my new energy diet. So glad someone else is in the same boat.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way too. I've tried "moderation" with cakes or cookies, but I end up bingeing on those foods. My sweets are now fruit. Good job on your weight loss so far!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Way to go!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    :happy:
    "Complete lifestyle change" - You said it. Bonne chance. I hope you can get out of it what you're hoping for.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I'm not sure I fall under 99% of the time ... but darn close ! I enjoy one ingredient foods on a regular basis ... my diet consists of proteins, nuts, fruits, seeds, whole grains, greek yogurt, greens, greens and more greens ! I enjoy Sushi on a regular basis ... but all in all ... I consider myself a " clean " eater for the most part.

But, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy something fancy once in awhile ... it truly is whatever my heart desires ... it's just now a days my heart desires healthy choices ... even as treats ! :tongue:

Kudos to you ! Keep making smart choices and always remain happy with them !

:flowerforyou:
  • jackscyn
    jackscyn Posts: 4
    Options
    I do give myself a little "free" day on Sunday's. It helps me make this a lifestyle vs. a short tem change.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thak you so mch for the replies :)
  • dyn3428
    dyn3428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi!!! I started about 10 days ago. I have already lost a pound. I can appreciate the all or nothing way of doing things but after awhile I start to feel deprived. I have managed to have real desserts twice in the first week and worked it into my alloted calories. Nutritionwise I may not have been on the mark but I have been able to balance things, and balance is kinda what it is all about for me. Best of luck to us all!!!
  • dreal05
    dreal05 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice Job ! Two years ago I tried the all or nothing plan. I have to say , it gets amazing results. I lost over 80 pounds in less than a year. I ate very low in fat and ate only whole grain carbs. I was meticulous about monitoring my calorie intake, and I exercised vigorously , on average of 6 days week. It was intense and I felt great at the time. Unfortunately , the downside to that type of plan was that it was not sustainable for me. It has been 3 years since the start of my weight loss plan and I gained almost all the weight back , because I couldn't find the right balance between healthy living and real life. You see , the real me loves having a few beers with friends , eating burgers and cakes , and sitting in front of the TV to watch my favorite shows. Completely separating myself from that lifestyle was mentally and physically draining. I've come to the conclusion that my real goal should be to make sensible choices in food and maintain a practical workout regiment. This time around I'm making slow and steady changes , ensuring that I give myself some room to adjust for unexpected challenges. I would advise to keep up the hard work , but don't be afraid to pace yourself. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You know i am there for you girl!!! You are my fellow "clean eating sister "on MFP and we both go all or nothing!!! We will keep pushing each other through and motivating and supporting one another!!!!

Keep up the good hard work girl!!!!

:drinker:
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same as you. About 2 months ago I realized that I didn't overeat, but I ate too much sugar. So I cut it out cold turkey, like you and increased my running and am close to you at about 23lbs. I've been recording everything I eat for the last 6 weeks or so and that really helpd!!

Basil
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Nice Job ! Two years ago I tried the all or nothing plan. I have to say , it gets amazing results. I lost over 80 pounds in less than a year. I ate very low in fat and ate only whole grain carbs. I was meticulous about monitoring my calorie intake, and I exercised vigorously , on average of 6 days week. It was intense and I felt great at the time. Unfortunately , the downside to that type of plan was that it was not sustainable for me. It has been 3 years since the start of my weight loss plan and I gained almost all the weight back , because I couldn't find the right balance between healthy living and real life. You see , the real me loves having a few beers with friends , eating burgers and cakes , and sitting in front of the TV to watch my favorite shows. Completely separating myself from that lifestyle was mentally and physically draining. I've come to the conclusion that my real goal should be to make sensible choices in food and maintain a practical workout regiment. This time around I'm making slow and steady changes , ensuring that I give myself some room to adjust for unexpected challenges. I would advise to keep up the hard work , but don't be afraid to pace yourself. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm essentially the same as above. I've made a lot of adjustments to what I eat and how I eat but the first thing I told my dietician was that it had to include foods I liked as well as making adjustments in portion sizing and reading labels on everything before I buy it. I'm sure the total clean eating is making you much healthier than myself. But I also knew me, and knew the minute I was being deprived of something that I really liked would send me on a binge and I wouldnt have lasted 2 weeks. I've been doing this for 33 weeks now (weigh-in day tomorrow) and have lost 91 pounds. Still have 54 to lose, but I havent felt like I am dieting but learning to eat sensibly, healthier and more aware of what I am eating. So I feel like this will be sustainable for me in the long run.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, knowing yourself is the most important thing. :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm all or nothing too. The past 2 weeks I've been on the NOTHING! Grrrrr
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I like this attitude.
    This is the mindset. that sees a person take action instead of making excuses - that see goals achieved as opposed to failure realized.
    Keep Punching - ALL IS POSSIBLE:flowerforyou: