Question for my fellow petite girls.......

Options
Now, for the ones close to goal or at goal: Do you find that cardio makes you extremely hungry? Quite honestly, MFP has me at 1200 calories but I have been eating over that. I have had no weight loss in 2 months. I'm hungry after I do cardio at night and now when I go for my lunchtime walk, I'm so hungry when I get beck that even after I eat my lunch, I still have like hunger/gas pains. Anyone else have this? And normally what I eat after the gym is a protien shake and maybe a few pretzels w/peanut butter.

Replies

• stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump, having similar issue and looking for answers
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories on top of the 1200?

If you're hungry, eat. Eat something that is healthy and won't throw you off for the day, but eat. Its no good to go around starving.
  • acep07
    acep07 Posts: 24
    Options
    I do alot of cardio, I eat alot of protein, keeps me full longer! I have about 1.5 cups of greek yogurt throughout the day I find this is the key to curbing hunger, also munch on a lot of veggies! You will find you can feel very full on less and less the longer you do it.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    MFP originall set me at 1200 which is below my BMR, so I was eating over. I also typically eat back my exercise calories (especially if it dips into my BMR). Make sure that you are eating above your BMR and properly fueling your workouts, otherwise you won't have enough energy to keep it up.
    Good luck.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, then eat. I think 1200 calories is probably too low for you. I am 5'3" and eat 1600 + exercise calories. I actually go over my goals often, but it hasn't affected my weight at all.
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options
    Yes. I have just this. It's our metabolisms firing. My trainer explains it well. I can (and have to) eat net about 1800 calories a day now that I'm at my goal weight. I keep up my cardio, I weigh 115-120 and I'm 5.4". So I think you can carefully increase your calories just a bit and find your happy place where you maintain your weight without excessive hunger between meals.
    Nice problem to have! Good luck.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Up your calories. 1200 is too low, especially if you aren't eating your exercise calories. I lost 40 lbs and my daily goal is set to 1600 cals, and I do eat back my exercise calories.

Best of luck
  • nwebb822_cancel
    nwebb822_cancel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you are truly hungry you should eat. You can choose low calorie carbs to keep you full and satisfied like potatoes, beans, and rice. Best wishes!
  • wmlange2012
    Options
    I'm close to my goal but I am freezing! it's summer and I can't get warm. I'm following a good diet and am actually having something for breakfast, a proper high protein shake with veggies and fiber. I'm hitting between 1200 and 1600 calories a day but I'm cold. I work out ( cardio, bicycling, brisk walking and it takes me forever to warm up) What is wrong with me?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I don't waste much time on cardio I'm too busy getting my lift on~lol... but I'm 5'0" and I eat like 1500ish..
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Now, for the ones close to goal or at goal: Do you find that cardio makes you extremely hungry? Quite honestly, MFP has me at 1200 calories but I have been eating over that. I have had no weight loss in 2 months. I'm hungry after I do cardio at night and now when I go for my lunchtime walk, I'm so hungry when I get beck that even after I eat my lunch, I still have like hunger/gas pains. Anyone else have this? And normally what I eat after the gym is a protien shake and maybe a few pretzels w/peanut butter.

Did you lose the 57lbs on 1200 calories and same exercise? It may be time for a change of calories and exercise. have you worked out your BMR etc.
  • TMB07
    TMB07 Posts: 3
    Options
    I always work out in the morning. Than again I am able to do to my husband works leaving me to be able to do this. However, you may need to get something to curve you hunger. I take something called Red. Now if you have high blood pressure do not take it because it will do you no good. It is made for people that do cardio or well thats when I find it does work the best for me. It does curve my hunger. Not all the time. But you should be eating 5 times a day, well I am lucky I eat 3. In all drink fruit drinks that you make at night if you are hungry and flavor water. I drink the krogers vitamin water 0 cal. That help curve my hunger. All in all its mind over matter I think any more for me. But keep your head up. We will all get to the place we need to be soon or later.
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options
    I'm close to my goal but I am freezing! it's summer and I can't get warm. I'm following a good diet and am actually having something for breakfast, a proper high protein shake with veggies and fiber. I'm hitting between 1200 and 1600 calories a day but I'm cold. I work out ( cardio, bicycling, brisk walking and it takes me forever to warm up) What is wrong with me?
    Get your bloods checked. Could be low iron/anemia. It Isn't due to weight loss...something else is going on. Good luck!
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    Make sure you UPDATE you fitness pal information - the information that you enter when you sign up. It'll give you a more accurate idea now that your regime has probably improved (and you'll likely need more to eat if you've been working on those guns xD) GJ so far :)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I have found since losing the weight I'm cold more often too. However, it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather be cold that HOT, I hate the heat. :grumble:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Since my original post, I've cut my lunchtime walk from 45 min to 30. That helped. I've broken down my cardio at the gym to only 15 min spurts. I've been losing steadily the past few weeks. I do go over 1200 calories most days of the week. I've added more protein to my days as well. Thank you all for your advise :flowerforyou:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    For me, it makes a difference **when** I eat, not just what or how much I eat. If I exercise on an empty stomach, I'm a ravenous beast afterwards. If I have a hearty snack or mini-meal before I exercise, my appetite is reasonable, and I'm more likely to feel like eating protein and vegetables rather than craving sweets.