help!!

Options
So i'm still fairly new to all this. I lost 8 lbs pretty quick and then gained 2 then lost 1. So in the midst of gaining im trying to stay positive. I can honestly say i was drinking 1 cup of water a day and within the last 2 days have upped it to 8 cups. Should this really help?

Replies

• joeystilley
    Options
    My opinion it will keep you hydrated but wont really do much to lose weight. I rarely drink water and lose weight just fine. Calories are way more important.. good job on the weight loss so far though.. dont beat yourself up on 1 bad week..
  • LittleTrish
    LittleTrish Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The water does help to hydrate you and flush your system out which in turn helps to keep your body in working order. Its supposed to help keep your brain allert but in all honesty, all I end up doing is going to the loo every minute of the day AND night :(
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I read this article today. . . I KNOW drinking 8-10 glasses or more water per day has helped me tremendously. My hair and skin look awesome, I have a ton of energy BUT I also feel healthy. See below. I use crystal light sticks in various flavors - mostly decaf teas - to make drinking palatable. Remember even high water fruits and veggies make a difference. Good luck!

10 Reasons to Drink More Water

1. Your blood is over 80 percent water and needs water to make healthy new blood cells.

2. Your bones are over 50 percent water and, you guessed it, need water to make healthy new bone cells.

3. Drinking more water actually helps lessen pain in your body by getting your lymphatic system moving. The lymphatic system is a network of nodes, tubes, vessels, and fluid that move waste out of your tissues. It requires water to function properly.

4. Water helps to eliminate wastes and toxins from your body through the lymphatic system, kidneys, and intestines.

5. Water lubricates your joints and helps reduce joint pain and protect against wear and tear.

6. Water regulates your metabolism so if you're overweight chances are you may need more water.

7. Water balances body temperature.

8. Water helps to ensure adequate electrical functioning so your brain and nervous system function properly. Your brain and nervous system send out electrical signals to function properly. Researchers estimate that your brain gives off about the same amount of electricity as a 60 watt light bulb. So, there's some truth to the image of a light bulb going on when someone has a good idea.

9. Water alleviates dehydration (and I've already mentioned that most people are chronically dehydrated).

10. Every cell and organ in your body requires adequate water to function properly.

So, one of the quickest and easiest ways to improve your health is to start drinking more pure water every day. Be sure to drink water an empty stomach or you'll simply be diluting your digestive enzymes and making your digestion less effective.

And, choose purified water as much as possible (but get yourself a BPA-free water bottle so you won't pollute the planet with all those plastic water bottles. In wealthy, developed nations with plentiful access to water, we really have no excuses for not drinking enough water.
  • jwoww81
    jwoww81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys and gals. I decided to try the couch to 5k maybe i can shed some lbs. Wish me luck!! :)