How would you use up baby food?

Options
chinaroad
chinaroad Posts: 10 Member
First of all, I'm not talking about a baby food diet. I just have a bunch of jars left over from my son, who's not so interested in it anymore. I thought about using the fruit to top plain yogurt or maybe cottage cheese? Any ideas?!

Replies

• gtamomof2
    gtamomof2 Posts: 27
    Options
    add it to the things you are cooking, like using Califlower in Kraft dinner as a nutrition booster. Now if your Babyfood has meat, I might just be inclined to donate it to a food bank so someone else can use it for their little one. HTH!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Food bank would be number 1.. but the plain purees would be prob ok to be mixed into certain dishes. My son, is 3, and still asks for baby food =S lool... he loves to drink the stage 2 carrots with a straw lol. Glad he loves his veggis =)
  • chinaroad
    chinaroad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's too funny :) Thanks guys!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Mix it into a smoothie?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    some of my BEST meatloaves have been made with jars of baby food veggies hidden in them! I put a jar of spinach/broccoli/green beans, etc in instead of one of the eggs.

What about putting a jar of fruits into oatmeal? Or making a smoothie with yogurt, baby food fruit, milk and a little ice? Mixing a jar of fruit into pancake batter?
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    You know how people say that they use applesauce in baking to replace the oil?

Well using baby food is *way* healthier than applesauce!

You can use any orange veggie (squash, carrot,etc) in things like muffins or banana bread, and you can use prunes or even green veggies in chocolate recipes. I promise you won't taste it and it will make the recipe healthier.

I actually buy baby food on purpose for baking.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Could add to oatmeal or applesauce. OR, you could donate to the local parrot rescue (I have parrots LOL) to feed the birds! Just a thought! :)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I would donate it to a food bank.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The dog will eat the meat ones. You could mix the fruit into smoothies. Maybe make some sort of sauce witht he veggies to top chicken dishes with? Or you could donate them