Rubble Rubble Rubble

Options
:grumble:

So why is it the one thing that we as humans should have is self control....however, I find it is the first to go out the window when it comes to food? I took my two boys out to lunch today and had a hamburger.....needless to say it will be the only thing I eat today...it consumed all calories and carbs for the day :explode:

On a lighter note...I was seing where my "ideal" weight should be for my height and age and If I went by that I only have 7 more pounds to lose...I am still shooting for the 30+....I need to humor myself...I just want to be skinny again.....:sad:

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    :grumble:

So why is it the one thing that we as humans should have is self control....however, I find it is the first to go out the window when it comes to food? I took my two boys out to lunch today and had a hamburger.....needless to say it will be the only thing I eat today...it consumed all calories and carbs for the day :explode:

On a lighter note...I was seing where my "ideal" weight should be for my height and age and If I went by that I only have 7 more pounds to lose...I am still shooting for the 30+....I need to humor myself...I just want to be skinny again.....:sad:

dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    If it was only a hamburger it can't be THAT bad. I mean, mcdonnalds has the nutritional value of sewer sludge, but what's a hamburger? 275 cals? I can't see it being more then 30 - 35 grams of carbs. some fat too I imagine, probably around 10 or 12 g I would think.
  • sherielf
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself - I've done that many times! It is only one meal, one choice. Think of all the times you've chosen differently and all the choices you can still make.

You can redeem the day by having only salad with a bit fish for supper to hold you until tomorrow or only vegetables with supper or go for a big walk. This might not make up for eating you day's allotment at lunch but it will mitigate it and make you feel better. These kinds of days happen and the sooner we can adjust to thoses choices, the easier it will be and the better we'll feel.

You are a special person, every day, all day - don't forget!

:smile:
  • markfloyd
    Options
    I just ate a 1/2 pound Cheeseburger with LT and Mustard with a Baked Potato. First one I've had in a month or so and I enjoyed every morsel. No guilt!!!! Of course, I made it myself and the beef was very lean.
  • zenmama
    Options
    I do have to say it was Y-U-M-M-Y....No doubt! Thanks everyone!:drinker:

dd
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it zenmamma but you don't sound very zen right now! It's o.k. to still eat - you need to fuel your body to keep your metabolism burning. So chose healthier for the rest of the day. BTW - are you sure going 20+ lbs below your ideal weight is healthy???

I guess we posted at the same time - you're sounding more "zen" :smile:
  • zenmama
    Options
    Thanks for the Zen check...and no I think 20 would be suffice....I would say my weight outoud but just can't.....thanks for the heads up.

dd
  • its time for change
    Options
    Hey Zenmama,

Don't beat yourself up!! I mean, it was only a cheeseburger. Just eat healthy for the rest of the day, but please eat!!

I understand. I took my kids to a pizza buffet for lunch. hahaha. I tried really hard. 2 peices of pizza, 2 glasses of water, a huge salad of romaine and light ranch dressing. A cup of chicken broth. I have not been consuming that many calories in one meal since I started here last week, but I had a good time with my kids AND the last time I went there, I ate 6 slices of pizza, noodles with alfredo and sweet tea with refills!!! Being accountable to my food diary is going to prove to be very useful.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger last night and it was good but I always feel like crap after. Oh, well, at least it isn't everyday!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If it was only a hamburger it can't be THAT bad. I mean, mcdonnalds has the nutritional value of sewer sludge, but what's a hamburger? 275 cals? I can't see it being more then 30 - 35 grams of carbs. some fat too I imagine, probably around 10 or 12 g I would think.

Ummm..refer to the thread on the nutrtional information for Red Robin. I looked up my favorite burger to eat there, the Santa Fe, it's over 1100 calories with 63 grams of fat! :noway:

Zen, don't beat yourself up. and please make sure you eat the rest of the day!
  • ladydianab
    Options
    Oh man, can I relate. After yesterday's fiasco with the slimquick pill and the fast food burger for supper last night I felt sick all day and swear I am never going to eat fast food hamb. and fries again. I still feel the grease hangin' in my tummy. The problem is that after a few days I start to crave the McDs burger and fries. I hate the battle. I wish that my cravings were for vegetables! di
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Guys, it's just a sandwich. Not the end of the world!!!!

Try making your own; buy low fat meat & add onions or other finely chopped veggies to stretch the meat & add moisture. Throw that baby on the grill and watch the fat drip away! Just watch the cheese, mayo and any other high cal sides. Ditch the fries and have a salad. It's still a burger, but it won't wreck your day or waistline :wink:
  • tiretread
    Options
    That's not too bad. I had a slice of cheesecake with lunch today! Yummy!!!