Earphones for people with small ears?

Options

Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    How bout staying away from the ear buds and use the over the head type? I find the ear buds kind of hurt my ears after awhile.....
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Same here! They give me a headache too. I did find some cheapies at Big Lot, and they seem to be working out. Good luck! I have like a zillion pair that are just sitting around not being used, trying to find ones that are comfy!
  • dakota1978
    dakota1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    I use old-school headphones. They make my ears sweaty. Gross!

Yeah me too but it's the lesser evil of buds not fitting lol (at least we don't get old ear canals when there's a wind during a run ;o) )
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME issue...

I had the "over the ears" sports version for a while, but they still wiggled off b/c even my outer ear is too small.

Anyway, I recently switched to some earbud ones that my husband bought to use w/his computer -- black w/rubber ear pieces -- and they've been working really well. They don't slide out when I'm sweaty, and they don't hurt b/c they're soft.

Hey, at least we don't have jug handles, right? Things could be worse. :wink:
  • tmarie1213
    tmarie1213 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Skull Candy... they come with 3 or 4 different size adapters for the ear buds, and they're soft. So not only do they stay in, they also don't hurt!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I prefer APPLE earphones. They are the only ones that stay in when I am bouncing around.
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips!! The over the ear ones always fall off my tiny ears too, and the back of the neck ones don't fit right either. I guess I have a small head all around! I found some cool ones on the runners world website that are bluetooth and they go around the back of your neck but the wire is adjustable so you can fit it to your head nice and snug... the only problem is they're $75! I guess that will be a nice birthday present from hubby. For now I'm going to look into getting those adapters that go in your ear canal...hopefully they don't bug my sensitive ears!!

As far as huffing and puffing... I huff and puff if I walk too much so I'm pretty sure I'm not going too fast. I could definitely walk faster than I run :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have to buy "Earbuds" that have 3 sets of different sized buds. i always go for the smallest...i believe people refer to them as marshmellow (because of their tiny size?)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I had custom molds made (mostly because I'm a singer and rely on them)... But it's not very expensive to do and pretty easy process.
    I got mine from these guys http://www.earsound.com/

They have ones that fit on the iPod buds too.

ooo niiiiiice. i don't need them professionally, but how great to have properly fitting earbuds!
    thanks for the info!
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have the same issue. Infact I dropped my phone trying to adjust the earbuds! Woosh it went - I was a lil scared seeing the the blackberry fly off the back of the treadmill today. Thanks for the headset idea~ I actually have some :)
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=m&ms+headphones&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8116813245954835467

These are the only ones I can get to fit in my ears. They're super tiny, and I LOVE THEM. 4 to 10 dollars a pair depending on where you get them. They are the best ear bud quality I've ever found and they last ages. :)

And I see some people recommending Skull candy ones, but even the smallest ear bud they offer won't fit. These M&M ones are about half the size of the smallest Skull candy piece.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have tiny ears apparently because even the smallest buds don't stay in my ears. I also can't stand the feeling when they suction into my ears. I love running with music so I can't hear myself huffing and puffing, but I'm always having to fix my earphones. Does anyone know of any earphones that are awesome for running that will stay in my little ears??

I can't use ear buds for the same problem, I Just use the headphones that go over your ears. They may not be the 'in' thing anymore but I rather use those then hurt my ears. I use Sony MDR-G45, stays on my head good and comfortable, its not ear buds though.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have some by a company called thinksound that came with 6 sizes of cushion thingies. They fit perfect and have the most amazing sound. They are pricey though... $55-70 depending on where you get them, but the sound quality is nothing I've heard from buds before. And they're made of wood so people will always be like "cool wood earphones " lol
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have small ears as well and buds just don't fit, stay on, and hurt my ears. I have skull candy over the ear headphones. They work great! :)
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I cannot wear those bloomin earbuds- i've tried again and again and they just will not stay in coz like a lot of you my ear holes are just too small. i had the smallest possible pair i could find and they really hurt. i finally found something that works. this is a sony pair that are similar to mine but i got some made by Maxell for half the price. the headband part is really flexible but just strong enough to keep them in place. the bit that goes into the ear is slightly conical shaped so snuggles in cicely and i can wear them for about 3 hours before they start feeling uncomfortable.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_1098&item_id=040008

there is a pic of my actual ones in my profile
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same problem....Smallest ears ever... Bump
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have tiny ears apparently because even the smallest buds don't stay in my ears. I also can't stand the feeling when they suction into my ears. I love running with music so I can't hear myself huffing and puffing, but I'm always having to fix my earphones. Does anyone know of any earphones that are awesome for running that will stay in my little ears??

yeah I've got tiny ears too.... get headphones, they're more comfortable :smile:
  • thegreengirl
    thegreengirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see this thread - I have the same exact problem! I've settled with the over the head kind but I have to keep taking it out of my ear hole because it hurts. So I keep putting it in and out while I run.

I went to the Yurbuds table at a marathon expo and they said my ear hole was too small for their smallest size.

Have any of you tried these:

http://www.amazon.com/Subjekt-HPM-21K-HerPhones-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B005BCCUGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374522048&sr=8-1&keywords=small+ear+hole+earbuds

The reviews are pretty good for people who say they also have small ear holes.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My husband got me these:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-S10-HD-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004BHCSQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374525594&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+bluetooth+earphones

Motorola Bluetooth Stereo headphones. They have little rubber earbuds that go in your ears, but then have a piece that goes over the top of your year and then connects to a larger piece that sitsright above the nape of your neck. They are ment for runners - so its ok if they get a little sweaty; they're ment for it.

I charge em up about once every 3-4 days; they sinc w/ my iphone, and off I go.

For some reason I have the ability to close off my ear canals, so regular earbugs just pop out. These work like a charm. I've had mine about a year and a half.