Single Mother, no time, all motivation

Options
I am a single mother, and I feel like I just don't get enough time in the day to do anything! Not to even think!! From the time it takes me to leave my apartment, drop my daughter off at my mother's, go to work, pick her up, and go back home, I have spent 14 hours out of my day! Whew, the hustle and bustle living in a huge city with too much traffic going to and from work! Plus working 10-12 hours a day! I have a lot of motivation though, I make sure to at least do the Jillian Michaels 30day shred so I can get some sort of exercise in during the day. I am well above my ideal weight, and I just need to get it together! I have lost some weight, but really would like to get some tips on how to do it more efficiently, and to keep my motivation going!! Right now it's there, but in a month, will it? That's my problem, I'm on for a month or two, then I just don't "feel like it" anymore. I always make excuses! I have 5 months to lose 50lbs, I want to be in ONEderland by my best friend's wedding, getting my maid of honor dress in November, so I can't gain or lose any weight until after the wedding in December. Due to it getting custom made. Add me please! I need all the motivation I can get!

Replies

• bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have been here for about a month and the site is great for logging your food and getting motivation. I can imagine that it is so hard for you to find any time for yourself. Good job with getting the 30DS. I just started Zumba in my basement. Good luck. Add me for a friend for support. I was 4 months along with my second when my BF got married. I wish I had lost all the weight from my 1st pregnancy so I wasn't so big. I don't ever want to see those pictures!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Its 80 percent diet anyway so if you can keep that in check you should be ok. Also check out bodyrock.tv very intense short workouts that will most likely fit in your schedule
  • amberlynyeager
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate that! I'll try that out as well. And I was looking on my FB account, and could only find like two pictures with my body actually in it! Everything is a face picture, so I can't even go back looking at pictures, because they're long gone! I've been too ashamed of myself. So I'm going to now, start taking pictures with my body involved so I can really see the progress.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate that! I'll try that out as well. And I was looking on my FB account, and could only find like two pictures with my body actually in it! Everything is a face picture, so I can't even go back looking at pictures, because they're long gone! I've been too ashamed of myself. So I'm going to now, start taking pictures with my body involved so I can really see the progress.
    i wish I did that, its so helpful
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. it is so hard for working mothers to find that time that's why we have to stay motivated and commited. This site is great for that.