5ft4 ladies...What's your calorie number?

Options
I need help ladies...If you're close to 5 ft. 4 inches, please tell me what type of lifestyle you live. How much do you eat, what's the number of calories you eat in a day, how often you exercise...and what's your goal weight?

Help me out! I'm at a plateau at 1200 calories and somethings gotta give!~

Replies

• Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump... 1200 for me, but only started two weeks ago so too early for a plateau! :)
  • B3h1ndgr33neyez
    B3h1ndgr33neyez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'4'' and 5'5'', and I weight 121 pounds. I maintain my weight by eating about 1600 calories a day when I don't exercise. I normally burn about 300 exercising when I run, so I add those extras to maintain. What is your weight? If you're plateauing, then that means your body is probably at where it should be if you're only eating 1200, it's not healthy to go below that really.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'4'' and 5'5'', and I weight 121 pounds. I maintain my weight by eating about 1600 calories a day when I don't exercise. I normally burn about 300 exercising when I run, so I add those extras to maintain. What is your weight? If you're plateauing, then that means your body is probably at where it should be if you're only eating 1200, it's not healthy to go below that really.
    I started at 172, now I'm at 158. been here for months now.
  • VWilson_Momoftwinsplus1
    Options
    I went from 1200 calories initially to 1400 after losing 11 lbs. The smaller you get the more you will need to eat for energy since your body will have established a higher metabolism. I get hungry often throughout the day so the increase really helped. My results have not caught up with the dietary change yet, but I am still tweeking things out with the amount of exercise I need. Every persons body is different. It takes some time to find the balance.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I went from 1200 calories initially to 1400 after losing 11 lbs. The smaller you get the more you will need to eat for energy since your body will have established a higher metabolism. I get hungry often throughout the day so the increase really helped. My results have not caught up with the dietary change yet, but I am still tweeking things out with the amount of exercise I need. Every persons body is different. It takes some time to find the balance.

Well, the smaller you get the lower your BMR gets.

I'm 5'4" and need to lose 20 lbs. to get back the 'healthy' BMI. I eat around 1400 (swings wildly day to day, according to my hunger levels but averages that) and burn around 2000, according to Fitbit. I don't do a lot of "exercise" so much as I focus on increasing my N.E.A.T. I shoot for 70,000 steps a week, for example.

Hang in there! Eat more if you're miserable!
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5.4. I eat 1500 a day irrespective of any exercise. I tried 1200 for the first couple of weeks but I was too hungry.I swim 30 mins 6 days a week, run 30 min 3 times and 1 hour once a week. I havent changed my exercise from before dieting. I have lost at a lb a week. I have gone from 172, down to 146. I don't eat 'clean', although I do try to eat healthily. I decided that it was better to loose slowly and manage with the higher calorie intake, than be permanently hungry even if weight loss could be quicker. If I get stuck and stop losing, then I will have to reevaluate whether to be hungry or accept that the weight loss will take longer. Probably will accept slower weight loss.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 60 years old, a bit over 200lbs. I eat between 1200 calories, which I find is OK if I'm travelling or otherwise immobilised, but it isn't enough on an active day, and up to 1800 (ish) when I've done lots of exercise. I put myself down as "sedentary" when I registered as my activity level varies a lot day by day & week by week. Then I log all exercise and aim to eat about half of those extra calories. If I'm having a hungry day, I'll eat more of them. If I'm STILL hungry I'll eat more and walk to earn the extra calories. I make an effort to eat plenty of veg and fruit and drink more water than I used to.

I've been counting calories & timing exercise for about 18 weeks and lost 36lbs. As far as I'm concerned, it's working and is sustainable long term.

Have you heard of the group "Eat More To Weigh Less"? Give it a go - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • areber07
    areber07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and have plateud for about a month. I looked at your diary and it looks like you may need some more water. Also I have started something new this week with the help of a family member who is a nutritionist. She looked at my diary and said that my processed sugar was too much. So since Friday of last week I havent had any processed sugar and I have only had two days where I ate a Carb ( brown rice ). I cheated and weighed this morning and I have lost 4.4 lbs. TOM is visiting until Friday so I will weigh again on Saturday and will update you. You can add me if you want! I have also started drinking alots more water. Nutritionist recommends you take your weight and divide by two and thats how much water you should drink. More if excercising.

Hope this helps! Good lucj and stick with it!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I started at 172, now I'm at 158. been here for months now.

I can relate! I am about 5'4". I aim for about 1300-1400 kcal per day. I upped it from 1200, so I would have more energy. I have lost some inches, but my overall weight has been pretty steady. I am on my feet a lot, but am not as active as I should be. If I were, I would certainly lose weight faster.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    1200. i'm starting to plateau so i'm dropping it to 1000, just for a little while though.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and 115 lbs. I am still figuring out my maintenance calories but it is between 1900-2000. I run for 30-45 min 3 days per week, lift weights 3 days per week, and walk the dog about an hour a day. Otherwise I an pretty sedentery. When losing weight, I never ate below 1600 and it came off steadily. If you don't have a lot to lose, a small deficit is best, IMO.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I am around 114 - 115 and eat between 1900 - 2200 calories.

I workout 5 - 6 times a week. I do a mix of cardio and weigh / strength training. I eat very healthy, no junk food (mcdonnalds, taco bell, food with artificial ingredients, etc). I have a good balance of food choices and have a pretty social life. Eating healthy doesn't stop me from being a social drinker.

If you workout and eat around 1200, that is not enough. Those looking to drop to 1000 to break a plateau, you might for a bit but that is not sustainable and you will stop, especially if you workout. What is next, dropping to 800 and below? That is not healthy.

I keep adding because I keep losing weight. It has slowed down now so I think I am finally at maintenance.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, 5'5 and around 135#. I maintain around 1800 plus exercise calories, and lose at around 1400-1600 plus exercise calories.
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I weigh 70 kgs aiming for 62. 1400 calsNET seems to work for me, I exercise a fair bit, 1 hr cardio 4 times a week and 2 x heavy lifting sessions.

At around 1600 net I maintain and anything over than can be a gain.

I should note that those are averages over a week I tend to eat less during the week and more on the weekend and try to balance it out.

Edit: I am spot on 5'4
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 inch. Eating around 1200 cal. But net only about 700 because I don't eat back my exercise cals. Weightloss works just fine. When I reach my goalweight, I add each month about 200 cal to maintain.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 &3/4 :) I'm at 211 right now and have lost some hanging right around 1400 cals per day... I do eat back some exercise cals if I'm hungry. I started out eating 1600 which I know was a lot less than I had been before I started tracking, but I wasn't losing much that way. Last couple of weeks I've either been sick or stressed out and dropped to 1000-1200 cals without trying and dropped a lot of weight in those couple weeks. Can't maintain that when I'm hungry though :)

My goal weight is 140.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and it looks like you haven't been eating 1200 since the 10th now your average is closer to 1500 so if that didn't break your plateau you might try changing your exercise style, then again how long have you been in a plateau? I'm 5-4, I eat at 1200 or less and don't eat my exercise calories back the longest plateau I have experienced was 3 1/2 weeks but during that time I lost inches so I can't complain. As has been said before in many threads every body is different if you start eating more and that breaks your plateau and you keep losing more power to you, if you gain you can always reduce again and try something else.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I workout everyday. I do strength 4 days, cardio six days, and pilates 7 days. I am 5'5" and at my goal of 125lbs. I've been in maintenance for almost a year eating about 2200-2500 calories a day.
  • bonnysites
    bonnysites Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am about to turn 50, 5'4 1/2" weigh 275, and started only 4 days ago. My calories are 1800, I chose to lose slowly since I have gained all this weight slowly over the last 10 years or so. I have a very sedentary lifestyle, well, I did before I got here, lots of time on computer...A friend started a few months ago and has lost I think 25 lbs already!

It's amazing how I can watch what I am eating now, I didn't think I could do this, but so far so good!

I can't believe I can eat so much food (healthy) and still stay under my goal! Are the foods listed correct in their calories???

-bonnysites.com
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 131 lbs... i aim to NET over my BMR everyday (1430) for example if I burn 400 in a workout then I will eat AT LEAST 1730....but usually aim for 1900 per day :)

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

use this as a guide and go with about 15% cals less than TDEE and if you have less than 10lb to lose go 10% less