What's your starting weight & how quickly did u see results?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 161, I started 7-11-11....I lost 9lbs in a month.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My top weight was 190 pounds..I started running right around Halloween '10, and the scale moved, but not real quick. It was like a steady pound or so a week.. and being winter, I was wearing my bulky clothes and didn't feel that I looked any different. I liked the progress I was seeing on the treadmill, though. I was so excited to be able to run 5 minutes at a time.. 10 minutes at a time.. I thought I was queen of the world when I got up to the whole 5K in 36 minutes. Then Spring came.. Oh boy! I had to go buy all new clothes! It was awesome. I could finally wear cute little things off the rack.. I felt that I had been reborn with the rest of the world. And I think that because I was working out for a specific purpose, I paid attention to that instead of the scale so much.. which made the weight loss more dramatic when I finally noticed I looked different. So, my advice is to eat right, and workout for your health and let the weight be a side effect. It's like watching a pot of water try to boil. It seems that you get quicker, more dramatic results by NOT watching.
    By the following October, I was down to 143 pounds. I went from a size 14/16 to a 4/6. Today, I am still a 4/6, but hover right around 153 pounds, I put on 10 pounds of muscle this winter training for some Warrior Dashes. I look better than I ever have. The scale definitely is never going to be my friend, so I don't hang around with him much. LOL
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My starting weight on Jan 6, 2011 was 155.1 pounds and at 5 foot that is considered 'obese' and had health issues (i add that for perspective purposes since many see 155 and think it's a low weight). I set mini-goals to lose 5 pounds for each goal. The first week i lost 4 pounds and after that on average a pound per week, some weeks none but after 2-3 weeks of continuing to count calories and workout for 30 minutes-ish 4-5 days a week it would catch up and work out to about a pound each week. I found every 8 pounds was a size of clothing. i went from a size over a 12 (didn't fit in it so not sure what i should have bought prob a 14) to a size 2/4 (sometimes a 0) and have been 112 pounds since September 21, 2011. I felt a difference mentally within 4 days.. that was the magic number of days that had me hooked on exercise where i couldn't wait to get home and do the workout that during the previous 3 days seemed like pointless torture.
    My advice is to celebrate each small loss and non-scale victories like the day a jacket fits that didn't button before or other things like the first day you replace french fries with a salad (that's something I will probably talk about in the nursing home as that was my first food victory lol). I rewarded myself every 5 pounds with a massage and was happy with each pound lost because a pound a week is so doable and rewarding, I wasn't in it for a quick loss that would come back just as quick as it was lost. Now that I'm on maintenance it's still work to make sure that my lifestyle change is a forever thing, however each day it gets a lot easier since it was a lifestyle change NOT a diet
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I know everyone will be different but what's your daily calorie goal?

Mine seems to be recommended at 1430 which is fine.

I am trying to fit in some exercise each day as well- even if it is just a 5 min walk here & there.

Do you exercise so you can eat more?

Also, due to a busy lifestyle, it is not always easy for me to fit in exercise every day. Will I still be successful if stay within my recommended calories?

-Daily calorie goal is 1200, but I'm short with a small frame (5' 0")

-I don't exercise so I can eat more, I do it because I know it will 1) help with my results, 2) it is good for my health, and 3) I love actually being able to feel myself getting stronger from lifting weights and pushing myself faster on the treadmill. (Although eating more is always welcome here!)
    Right now, those tangible results give me even more motivation than seeing the scale move. I'm losing about a pound every 1.5 to 2 weeks since I'm only about 10lbs away from my goal weight, so the weight loss feels slow even though it's still at helthy pace. Feeling the changes in my body (added strength, cardio endurance) happening quicker than the scale moving is definitely helping to keep me focused.

-You will still be sucessful as long as you are eating clean and sticking to your calorie goal. As the saying goes, "You can't out-exercise a bad diet"-- and it is so true! If you're still eating horribly, even though you are exercising, you won't see much of a change. Therefore, the logic makes sense that if you are eating clean but are unable to exercise as much, you will still see a change because you are treating your body right nutritionally. So, still try to get exercise in where you can because it's so good for you, and every little bit helps, but do not feel discouraged if you are unable to exercise every day, as long as you are eating clean.

"Healthy" food ≠ Clean food
    Clean food = Healthy food
  • Barnesy90
    Barnesy90 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SD - 30/04/12
    SW - 228.2 lbs - 16st 3lbs - 103.50kg - BMI 38
    CW - 214lbs - 15st 4lbs - 97.10kg - BMI 35.6
    GW - 175lbs - 12st 5lbs - 79.37kg - BMI 29.1
    (This is when I will re-evaluate things to see if I want to carry on)

14 lbs lost so far - 39 lbs to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!