Anyone else get a little obsessed?

Options
I made a promise to myself that I would do 30 mins of cardio per day and so far this week I have racked up 300 minutes and still want to do more :-/

Anyone else like this?

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i get like this. but i am obsessed with going to the gym as much as possible and going to zumba lol. i dont really count up my minutes but i go 3 times for zumba and 2 times for other working out for at least 90 minutes probably so like 360 minutes at the gym a week plus i want to go out on walks as often as possible (with pushing double stroller at fast pace so i do count that lol) but yea i know how it feels to obsess over working out and losign weight.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i get like this. but i am obsessed with going to the gym as much as possible and going to zumba lol. i dont really count up my minutes but i go 3 times for zumba and 2 times for other working out for at least 90 minutes probably so like 360 minutes at the gym a week plus i want to go out on walks as often as possible (with pushing double stroller at fast pace so i do count that lol) but yea i know how it feels to obsess over working out and losign weight.

Phew - I thought it was just me!

I was in bed last night and ended up getting back up to go and jump on the exercise bike. Lol not normal behaviour!
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    yea im totally obsessed with loosing weight. im on fitness pal like all day and i find myself thinking about my next workout all the time. im just so anxious to become the size and person i want to b that i think about it constantly and will work as hard as i can to get it! my husband says all i talk about is diet and excersizing lol! but its more a diet to me, this is my new life style!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am so in the same boat! I can't get enough, like last night I burned over 1800 cals at the gym and am going back right after work. I crave exercise and feel like if I only get to clean or mow the grass, I didn't do enough, I know exactly how you feel. Exercise raises your endorphins and endorphins make you happy, I.E. why people crave exercise, because it makes them feel good. I am forever going way over my exercise goals for the week, especially in cals and way over in minutes, I make sure I do activity of some kind every day and usually what I do burns a lot.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Phew - I thought it was just me!

I was in bed last night and ended up getting back up to go and jump on the exercise bike. Lol not normal behaviour!

I got like this last year, I would be on the laptop or watching tv when I would suddenly think 'Oh I should burn some calories' so I would jog on the spot or put some music on and start dancing lol.

I'm much better now. :laugh:
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    300 minutes this week, counting Sunday that's averaging around 100 minutes a day. If that kind of routine is kept up without enough breaks, you will end up hurting yourself. My wife is currently in a cast for 6 weeks due to the same kind of exercise routine. She wouldn't take off enough time to allow herself to rest after the workouts. So she went like gangbusters trying to get everything done and thinking she would baloon if she took off a day. Now she can't workout for 6 weeks due to not getting enough rest.

So just make sure you take enough rest days!!!
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    300 minutes this week, counting Sunday that's averaging around 100 minutes a day. If that kind of routine is kept up without enough breaks, you will end up hurting yourself. My wife is currently in a cast for 6 weeks due to the same kind of exercise routine. She wouldn't take off enough time to allow herself to rest after the workouts. So she went like gangbusters trying to get everything done and thinking she would baloon if she took off a day. Now she can't workout for 6 weeks due to not getting enough rest.

So just make sure you take enough rest days!!!

I mean 300 mins from Monday - Wednesday (today)

I don't exercise on the weekend if that helps? Well I say I don't.... I was planning to ignore that rule and exercise this weekend :-/
  • hwibowo
    hwibowo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Getting obsessed is normal but you gotta allow recovery period. As recoiljpr said. The last thing you don't want is to stop working out because you are getting sick or injured due to not enough recovery time. Then stopping the good momentum (drive) you have.
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    I agree, you have to give yourself time to recover. When first starting out the doc will tell you to only work out 3 to 4 days a week. You don't want to hurt yourself or get sick.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    It's really easy to get caught into a cycle where you feel like if you don't work out you will balloon, etc. And believe me, nothing good will ever come out of over exercise. Fascia tears, ruptured tendons, pulled groins, etc. Your body has to have rest, if you don't give it rest something will give, guaranteed. The first few times are a bit scary, but once you get used to the rests, you will begin to see why they are so important. That next day back your stronger, faster and have more energy then you did before. IMO (I'm not a doctor) if you at least take off 1 day in 3 or 4 that should be enough as long as you aren't over-exerting yourself every one of those 3 or 4 days. If you are totally against taking a rest day, then simply do a slow/medium walk for 30 minutes on your rest day to start yourself out with.
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    It's really easy to get caught into a cycle where you feel like if you don't work out you will balloon, etc. And believe me, nothing good will ever come out of over exercise. Fascia tears, ruptured tendons, pulled groins, etc. Your body has to have rest, if you don't give it rest something will give, guaranteed. The first few times are a bit scary, but once you get used to the rests, you will begin to see why they are so important. That next day back your stronger, faster and have more energy then you did before. IMO (I'm not a doctor) if you at least take off 1 day in 3 or 4 that should be enough as long as you aren't over-exerting yourself every one of those 3 or 4 days. If you are totally against taking a rest day, then simply do a slow/medium walk for 30 minutes on your rest day to start yourself out with.

Okay will do, although I am not actually losing weight from it so far - just inches, and it's not really high impact, it's just on my stationary bike to a level where I am sweating but not breathless. Even so - I will take the weekend off.
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    yea im totally obsessed with loosing weight. im on fitness pal like all day and i find myself thinking about my next workout all the time. im just so anxious to become the size and person i want to b that i think about it constantly and will work as hard as i can to get it! my husband says all i talk about is diet and excersizing lol! but its more a diet to me, this is my new life style!

I am on here all the time too, its the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing before bed, I also am loving exercising I find myself wanting to do more and more and to vary it.

I think its good to aspire to get yourself more healthy, even if it seems like we are developing obsessions along the way.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I do 3 or 4 hours of training every day.
    Obsessive?
    Considering the average American watches over 4 hours of TV daily, I count myself lucky. I pity such people.
    And they never seem to have time for fitness:laugh:

My exercise is my play.
    I am pushing 50 yrs old, and inside, I am really still just a kid who wants to play and have fun.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't mind cardio but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. I'm more obsessed with weight lifting :) But I do have my obsessed days with cardio..it's a good way to burn a lot of calories & when I'm in the zone I go hard! :)
  • olivia_sweeetie
    Options
    Girl yes!
    I'm more obsessed with the calories though. I always aim for negative calories, so my cardio is through the roof :P
  • Xochiquetzal3
    Options

I HAVE TOTALLY DONE THE SAME. PEOPLE IN FACT HAVE TOLD ME I AM OBSESSED WITH WHAT I AM DOING.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

I am like this too. I only have 2 weeks left of Turbo Fire and I'm obsessively looking for/creating a hybrid program with CLE. I also come on here often too :-)

I used to have a hard time taking a rest day, but I know how important it is to rest and recover.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Girl yes!
    I'm more obsessed with the calories though. I always aim for negative calories, so my cardio is through the roof :P

Negative net calories? Are you also planning your funeral in advance?
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nope.