THIS IS NOT A DIET, ITS MY NEW LIFE

Options
2»

Replies

• kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I so completely agree with you! It's like when I quit smoking - I didn't do it for a while, I didn't do it for a specific event. I'm changing who I am and how I treat myself. I quit permanently and irrevocably. No exceptions, no excuses. This is how I feel about this. I am changing the way I look at food, exercise, sleep, all of those things the body needs to be healthy. Not survive, be healthy. I have been struggling with people asking me if I'm 'watching my weight', 'on a diet', 'trying to lose weight'... weight weight weight. No, it's not actually about body mass. That is a quantitative measure which can be applied to express a side effect of the attitude changes. Sure, I'm gonna get lighter. I already have got lighter. What I really care about is that I've learned a whole new way to create recipes, found some activities that I love doing, and a supportive and wonderful online community with whom to share it. End. Of. Story. Welcome to my new life people, I hope you enjoy the ride!
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't tell people anything. I just eat the way I eat, most people don't even notice.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Imagine those people who don't eat well having to constantly say ' I'm on an eating plan to make myself feel and look as bad as possible whilst increasing my chances of dieing early. No thankyou, I won't have that apple, I'll have a cake full of damaging sugar and fat instead'.
    Interesting that unhealthy eating is considered to be the norm!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    so tired of people saying im on a diet, no im not!, this is my new life, im not going to do all this change and get my body the way i want it, just to get on a scale and see a certain # on it and say "okay burgerking tommorow im dun" this is not how it works, i want to be healthy forever, i want to keep my weight off forever. im not doing this to fit into a dress, or to go to some class reuinion. im doing this cuz i wunna look and feel great forever. TELL UR FRIENDS AND FAMILY YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET UR ON A JOURNEY!

Absolutely love this post!
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    so tired of people saying im on a diet, no im not!, this is my new life, im not going to do all this change and get my body the way i want it, just to get on a scale and see a certain # on it and say "okay burgerking tommorow im dun" this is not how it works, i want to be healthy forever, i want to keep my weight off forever. im not doing this to fit into a dress, or to go to some class reuinion. im doing this cuz i wunna look and feel great forever. TELL UR FRIENDS AND FAMILY YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET UR ON A JOURNEY!

Yes, yes, yes!!! Excellent post. This was a favourite with my mother in law. Everytime she would see me, she would ask me sacastically, `Hows your diet going'? and each time I would reply ITS NOT A DIET!!!! They do eventually get the message I think....
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So true! Love it!
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think I've gone one better... I generally have mostly been slim and eaten healthy, looked after my health - never drank or smoked, so now at 53 people generally think I am in my mid 30's and I continue to do active rescue volunteer work that requires fitness and stamina apart from my desk job. Furthermore, as living testament to my health approach my friends now are more than happy to join me at the gym or to do activities, they even ask me to take them to my gym as it has a great atmosphere and is well equipped and offers free guest passes on weekends to year long+ members. Believe me, give it time and friends will be inspired by you and realise their own need to be more like you... :heart:
  • tcchasse
    tcchasse Posts: 20
    Options
    You are SOOOOOO right!!!! This is a lifestyle CHANGE!!! I get annoyed hearing that as well. Thanks for sharing!!
  • tcchasse
    tcchasse Posts: 20
    Options