Last 10 pounds

Options
When i started MFP i was 207. My highest ever was 234 so i wasnt necessarily at my worst. Im only 19 and seeing as i had not been under 200 since i was 15 ish i decided it was about time. Ive made it down to 185 and am proud of what i done so far in my journey. My first goal is to make it to 175 and see where i wish to go from there. But is seems like these last 10 pounds just dont want to budge and im losing motivation. What should i do to keep the wrkouts exciting and not allow my appetite to have a mind of its own.. and win.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Reset at TDEE for a week then only cut 10-15% off it for the rest of your diet.
    Read Lyle McDonalds book called The Stubborn Fat Solution.
    He explains the exact science as to why its hard to lose the last bit.
    I'm right there with you so just have patience and fine tune your routine.

If you like cardio, drop it down to just walking.
    Strength train a few times a week and youll get there.
  • mamimarisa
    mamimarisa Posts: 14
    Options
    Whats does TDEE mean?
    For awhile i was going to the gym monday through friday and mainly doin cardio(burning 400-600 calories each time) , i was eating my calories and only some of my exercise cals back. After a week i ended up gaining 2.2 pounds.. i got frustrated so the following week after that weigh in i went to the gym only twice and wasnt so strict to my calories and lost weight! im just not sure where im going wrong. Am i suppose to eat back all the calories i work off?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whats does TDEE mean?
    For awhile i was going to the gym monday through friday and mainly doin cardio(burning 400-600 calories each time) , i was eating my calories and only some of my exercise cals back. After a week i ended up gaining 2.2 pounds.. i got frustrated so the following week after that weigh in i went to the gym only twice and wasnt so strict to my calories and lost weight! im just not sure where im going wrong. Am i suppose to eat back all the calories i work off?

TDEE is the number of calories you burn a day. Sometimes it's also called your maintenance calories, since that's what you'd have to eat to maintain your current weight. There are some helpful calculators around the web, like this one: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I'm in the same situation, down to my last 10-ish pounds and finding it frustrating.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Whats does TDEE mean?

TDEE is the number of calories you burn a day. Sometimes it's also called your maintenance calories, since that's what you'd have to eat to maintain your current weight. There are some helpful calculators around the web, like this one: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I'm in the same situation, down to my last 10-ish pounds and finding it frustrating.

Use Fat to Fits tools for BMR and enter goal weight as current weight.
    Use the Light activity number at the bottom for TDEE.
    This is pretty accurate.