How much sugar?

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there knew a healthy amount of sugar to have in a day- Cant seem to find an answer...what is healthy?
I cant help but to wonder if the amt of sugar I'm eating is holding up my weight loss.

Thanks for any light you can shed!!

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone out there knew a healthy amount of sugar to have in a day- Cant seem to find an answer...what is healthy?
    I cant help but to wonder if the amt of sugar I'm eating is holding up my weight loss.

Thanks for any light you can shed!!
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    I wiki'd sugar and nutrition and found this. ? Don't know how much it helps, but it's something!

In 2003, four United Nations agencies, (including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)) commissioned a report compiled by a panel of 30 international experts. The panel stated that the total of free sugars (all monosaccharides and disaccharides added to foods by manufacturers, cooks or consumers, plus sugars naturally present in honey, syrups and fruit juices) should not account for more than 10% of the energy intake of a healthy diet, while carbohydrates in total should represent between 55% and 75% of the energy-intake