Your 1st REAL day

Options
I am not sure where to post this..but I was wondering what did you do on your first REAL week of losing weight, getting toned, or whatever your goal was that you have met? Like what dvd, class, equipment, youtube channel, sport etc?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've gone up and down my entire life so I don't really have an answer to this. I've always walked, ate pretty well, etc. Unfortunately I gain weight like crazy if I have even one hiccup.

This time around I started walking and doing crunches again (Had surgery in November, other health issues, was able to start again in Feb). They are my favorite types of exercise and the ones I stick with most easily.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The first week, I didn't exercise. I focused on getting my diet straightened out. I lost 3 pounds which I know doesn't sound like a lot, but it was a loss, so I thought it was great. The next week, I added 20 minutes/4 days of Wii Fit exercises. I burned about 95 calories, and it killed me. I slowly added things like jumping jacks, sit ups, walking/running, and finally I started going to the gym. 10 weeks later, I can now do 70 minutes at the gym with no problem, and usually burn 550+ calories. My goal is just to get a little better each week, not rush into anything. I haven't struggled with motivation, and I've lost 25 pounds since my heaviest weight in Feb.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Diet. 1500 Calories a day. Zero exercise.
    I lost 2lbs a week like that for a month. Then it slowed so I had to kick in the exercise.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I focused on drinking water.. lots of water and eating better. I began working out with the Biggest Loser game for XBOX 360 a month later. LOVE IT! I have done really well doing 20 min a day for the first month on that now I do just 30 min a day! I drink like 5 bottles of water a day, too.

You can do this!!!!

Kimi
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For the first three months, I just worked out with a trainer. Didn't focus on food at all - just learning to challenge my body. Then, I slowly progressed to watching my food. Been logging for about 10 days.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh, I started my diet March 30th, and working out on May 1. :-)
    My starting weight was 218.
    Goal weight is 145.
    Current weight: 183.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 1st week, I stopped snacking, seconds at meals and desserts. I also started walking in the morning before work. I followed that routine until I joined a gym 4 months later. Doing that, I lost about 40 pounds in those 4 months. Once I started hitting the gym regularly, that is when things really started to happen for me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Cut back on portions and started measuring/weighing food really helped me drop. I lost something like 18# my first month. I also started walking around the neighborhood. First trip I could only make it to the end of the street before my hip pain kicked in. Now I'm walking 3 miles like it's nothing.

Just doing something will get you going.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For the first YEAR, I really just focused on my diet. Although my job has me on my feet and running around like a crazy person almonst daily, I really didn't get much additional exercise in except for an occasional bike ride or quick trip to the gym for cardio. Changing my diet alone helped me to lose about 15 lbs. (my original goal). Now that I've changed my eating habits for so long the food part of being healthy isn't much of an issue at all. Now I'm trying to focus on toning up, getting stronger and working on my cardio. That's what's worked for me... I know it's different for everyone. But MFP is definitely a great tool to use. Just be sure to keep trying and tracking, trying and tracking, trying and tracking. Eventually, you'll form healthier habits and won't have to worry with it all as much. Best wishes!
  • cmorga02
    cmorga02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My first week was spent doing a lot of walking and drinking water. I held myself to one soda a week and that's on Sunday's after church when the family goes out to lunch. I also did a lot of research on how to eat better and found out a lot of interesting facts. I'm my third week in and I'm 7 pounds down. But the first week was getting my eating right, drinking water and getting outside a bit more.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    When I first started I cut down on sugary drinks and treats, stopped eating when I was satisfied rather than full, and started going for brisk walks. That alone took off the first 15 or so pounds. Now I've recently "gotten serious" and started focusing on eating healthy, have started doing run-walks with the intention of becoming a runner, and overall increasing my activity level (weights, 30 Day Shred etc). I'm going for a gym tour today after work! For me I found that starting with small changes made it easier to stick to, and over time I just add more changes in. One fun challenge I did for a while was try a "new" (something I didn't normally make) vegetable every week. Now I try experimenting with new healthy foods regularly (recent switches incluse quinoa for rice and greek yogurt for regular).Good luck!