Women with big bellies? Any success pics, tips or stories?

Options

Replies

• TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight around my mid-section within a few months. Jogging, jumping rope, crunches and twisted crunches with weights with healthy, mostly natural food. Cutting out processed foods (no frozen and prepackaged foods) and A LOT of green tea. I would change between finishing one cup of tea to a bottle of water. Body cleansing.

Good luck :)

PS Feel free to add me :)
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    I have grown a belly in recent years and HATE that it sticks out farther than my breast! I complainedbut never did anything ......until 3 weeks ago!!!

A former student asked me when i was due!!!! I hated itand decided that was enough!

I am loosing my stomach these days and it is going pretty fast! I am doing the 17 DAY DIET and it targets belly fat!!! I am impressed with how fast i am loosing......mostly in my stomach. Now my teenage son as has me doing some sit ups but we have not been consistant. I am consistanly walking 2.5 miles everyday.

But i have lost almost a pond a day on this diet, fad or not! My stomach is shrinking!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noortheninjabi
    Options
    I have the same problem and it's resolving very, very, very slowly. I am trying out low carb, do yoga often, and due to a back injury am in physical therapy. Since the injury was in low and mid back, I have to do core strengthening. After targeting the transverse abdominis with bridges, side planks, and various down-dog variations, I look like I've lost 5 lbs in my gut, without actually having lost much.
  • stardreamer76
    stardreamer76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! My belly and my hips are where my weight is. I have noticed that I lose the "pregnant looking" bloat staying away from high carbs. If I eat low carb, I don't get that pregnant look, but my lower abdomen is still big. I never had a flat stomach, even when I was young and a size 2, so I'm not going to beat myself up if it's never flat. I just don't want to be carrying around this belly anymore!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.

What do you do? Because your belly looks great for 207 ...I'm 199 and my belly looks like your first picture smh!

bump I want to know also. How tall are you?
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have grown a belly in recent years and HATE that it sticks out farther than my breast! I complainedbut never did anything ......until 3 weeks ago!!!

A former student asked me when i was due!!!! I hated itand decided that was enough!

I am loosing my stomach these days and it is going pretty fast! I am doing the 17 DAY DIET and it targets belly fat!!! I am impressed with how fast i am loosing......mostly in my stomach. Now my teenage son as has me doing some sit ups but we have not been consistant. I am consistanly walking 2.5 miles everyday.

But i have lost almost a pond a day on this diet, fad or not! My stomach is shrinking!

So what are you doing, exactly? Just curious! Are you walking the 2.5 miles each day and just eating right? Any other secrets?

And I know what it's like being asked when you're due. I look about 6 months pregnant, and it's horrible!! I've been asked several times myself.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I started back up in march I did p90 for about 3 weeks which was boring to me, I started chalean extreme and inches started coming off even more, I only did Chalean Extreme for 3 weeks and felt I needed something "cardioish" (lol if that's even a word ) So I got Turbofire from a friend, did the first month to get the moves down, & I brought back Chalean Extreme in the 2nd month and I do it 3 times a week and follow the TurboFire schedule without the toning and sculpting workouts. I'm now on week 8, almost week 9. I've also had a c-section almost 2 years ago on June 21st (almost 10 pound baby), I really like TurboFire because Chalene works on all parts of the abs that women with split ab muscles can't do with just sit ups and crunches alone, and her ab workout is only once a week but in all the workouts she works different parts of the abs. I eat 1300 calories a day, not necessarily the "cleanest" diet, and I only eat back exercise calories if I'm really hungry. And I'm 5'6.5"!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am also one of those women who carries the weight like a man. I had a 45" waist when I started MFP at 210 lbs. I am down 58 lbs, and my waist is about 34 or 35 inches now. I went from a size 18 to a size 8 or 10, depending on the brand (but still, it is vanity sizing, which I hate!)

The first 48 pounds came off steadily over about 9 months then it started to slow down. Now I am at a stand still and have been for months - and I'm still 23 pounds away from my goal. But I can tell, in the last 6 months, even though the scale is not moving my belly is going down - slowly but surely.

I do not have the courage to post pictures of my naked belly and I never will, but when I get up in the morning my belly is almost flat. Unfortunately as the day wears on gravity takes over and it sticks out more. It's weird! And I still don't have a waist yet - there's only about 5 inches difference between my waist and my hips. But I look a lot better than I did. You can see pictures on my profile page. I have been on MFP almost 18 months.

Oh, I almost forgot, white flour seems to be my worst enemy. High fiber is my best friend! Good luck! :drinker:
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    This is great to see! I too have a PCOS belly and that combined with two back to back pregnancies...it's bad.

I am down to 128 and still look awful. I am hoping that once I reach my 110 goal I will look much better. We'll see!

It's so good to see others that have had luck!
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Been looking at all the posts, great job everyone with your success stories! It's really encouraging to people like me who haven't seen a *lot* of results yet, and I personally am impatient :) Thanks again for sharing everyone!
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    marchapriljune-1.jpg

This is my progress so far.

This is sooo inspiring, thank you for posting.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and photos. All the pics have a shown a difference, so that's really motivating.

I tried to keep my carbs in check, but I'm usually over a few points here on MFP.

Queen_kristi, I totally feel you on the "carry weight like a man" . So, I'm so glad to hear how great you're doing.
  • themissusc
    themissusc Posts: 20
    Options
    bump :ohwell:
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am at 213 and my belly looks scary! I have the "hang over belly" from my pregnancy and im wondering if it will ever go away?
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Options
    This is good to see and great tips. I carry a lot of weight in my belly as well...I had 5 kids and with each one, my muscles got weaker. I can FEEL them in there...they are just kind of hiding right now. Good to know there is hope!
  • daniellie23
    daniellie23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine was the same but i started cardio cicuits and interval training, this really help.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well this is where I started at...
    Picnikcollage.jpg

As you can see, I carry almost all my weight in my tummy. BLAH!!

But it's shrinking....
    This was taken June 7th 2012 ...weight 157lbs. I am 5'10
    2011-02-22Weightlossmotivatorpics2-1.jpg

My first couple months I did the elliptical for 45 min to 60 min at least 5 days a week, then I added Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and I started seeing definition. But unfortunately, I suffered a bout of Achilles Tendonitis which has taken months to recover from so I am just now getting back into working out again.

Now I do mostly Strength training with hand weights and my ab workout and only a little cardio which is my elliptical.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have that same belly! I hate that my gut hangs over. It didn't happen until I had my kiddos. My tummy was big before than but didn't hang down. Now I'm working on trying to get it to go away! It is such a slow process.

*sorry- this is in reply to Alyssah09. I'm tired and hit reply instead of quote. Oops!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!