My first real NSV

Options
Okay, so I've been using MFP for about a month now and I've dropped about 17-pounds. I've been looking in the mirror and thinking that the scale is wrong because I see the same fat @$$ looking back at me that was there a month ago. And when I say fat... I've got a good 150-pounds left to git rid of.

Well, today I found out what it feels like to realize a victory. I had to attend a business meeting that lasted about two hours. We were meeting in a conference room with chairs that are notoriously uncomfortable. If your @$$ is as fat as mine you know exactly what I'm talking about. THe sides dig into your hips, the seat is so shallow that more of your butt is hanging off the front that is in the seat, and they make your legs cramp and go numb. Most times, sitting in these shares causes me to miss miss out on the meetings content because I'm so focused on how uncomfortable I am. NOT TODAY! I sat in the chair and immediately looked around to see if the chairs had been replaced. You know the rest... The chair was the same, I was simply packing several fewer pounds into it. It's amazing how something so small can feel so good! I felt I had to share.

Replies

• janedoe0198
    Options
    What a great feeling! Awesome!!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Keep note of those moments. They keep coming and there will definitely be days where you have trouble seeing it, but I promise the scale is the LEAST reliable way to measure success. (This coming from a girl who has now lost... Oh my balls, 115lbs.)

Take measurements every month, buy new pants the MINUTE you can pull them down without unbuttoning them or the butt gets saggy, keep track of how strong you are, how long you can go, how hard you can push... All of these things change on a day to day basis and we have no idea of the progress we're making until either the scale moves or someone makes a comment.

Celebrate, constantly!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV and i know exactly what you are talking about. I'm finding lots of things about work just a tiny bit less trying because of a bit of weight loss. You stop realizing how hard every day activities can be for an obese person as you withdraw from them more and more. It's a bit amazing when they start to get easier again!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Keep note of those moments. They keep coming and there will definitely be days where you have trouble seeing it, but I promise the scale is the LEAST reliable way to measure success. (This coming from a girl who has now lost... Oh my balls, 115lbs.)

Take measurements every month, buy new pants the MINUTE you can pull them down without unbuttoning them or the butt gets saggy, keep track of how strong you are, how long you can go, how hard you can push... All of these things change on a day to day basis and we have no idea of the progress we're making until either the scale moves or someone makes a comment.

Celebrate, constantly!

^^^THIS!!!!^^^
  • MosierTim
    MosierTim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    AWESOME FEELING, isn't it?!?!?!?!
  • jenbreeze72
    jenbreeze72 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Great work.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV... motivation to never go back!
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Ha Ha this is great! Been there, too. Feeling great that I fit into the seat at Angel Stadium on Father's Day. I actually "plunked" down because I misjudged the distance to the seat, having less cushion that before. Pretty funny. The smallest victories!!
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    wow great job, thanks for sharing. I have lost about 10 lb and loosing interest for last couple of weeks. I too have about 50 lbs to go, so I cant afford to lose interest this soon. This was very inspirational...:)
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How wonderful you must feel! Hard work pays off! Keep up the awesome job your doing. :happy:
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great victory :) These are the things that keep us going.
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    AWESOME FEELING, isn't it?!?!?!?!

It's fantastic. I'm amazed at how much this one thing has increased my motivation. I got home and went to the gym because I want this feeling to continue. Much more and I'll be like a crack head for physical improvement!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome, someetimes/ the nsv's are even better than the scale
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Congrats brother! Little things like this will happen more and more often. Enjoy everyone
  • jenmfpal
    jenmfpal Posts: 124
    Options
    way to go!!!!
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's definitely a nice feeling!!
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    It's funny how the little things can BLOW YOUR MIND! Keep up the good work!