Fun Diet Tip

Options
Hi all

Here is a fun diet tip that I use and thought I would pass it along.

They say (and by "they" I mean the nutritional Gods) that it takes 20 mins. after starting to eat before you feel full - so eat slowly!!! BUT I have rarely eaten a meal that took me more than 20 mins. so I use chopsticks.

Using chopsticks while eating can take you twice as long to finish your meal so hopefully you will feel more full faster. You can use them for almost anything except sandwiches and soup. If you are having something like a steak and baked potato, just cut everything into bite size pieces before you start eating.

It can be a bit embarrassing if you are a novice, but I find that my family and friends are always more than supportive in my diet attempts and often offer to join in.

Replies

• nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can see how chopsticks could work well to slow down. But if you grew up using them, not so much...lol
  • Scubachick
    Options
    Ahhhh.... I had forgotten that I used to use Chop Sticks the last time I got to Weight Watchers Goal weight, for just that reason! It worked really well for me as I tend to gobble my food, especially if I am hungry.

Thanks for reminding me. :bigsmile:
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    great idea... i definitely struggle with chopsticks so it would work wonders for me. I always switch to a fork because I lack patience. I'll give it a try. Thanks
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I did that for a while but now I'm super awesome at chop sticks. Maybe now I'll start eating with a taser and so I'll have to be slow and extra careful to not get shocked.:laugh:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Um yea I think my food would get cold... haha I would take me FORVER! I suck at using chopsticks... I'd probably go into starvation mode while trying lol

~Leash :heart: