Hello

Options
I am MsLoriBeth and I started using the calorie counter towards the end of July. I was surprised at the amount of calories I was eating. I had started walking approx. 2 miles/twice a day towards the end of June. I have cut it down to just once a day now, but I've added abs and upper body work outs. I had lost approx.9 lbs, but this morning when I "checked" in - I had lost no weight and my measurements were the same, if not higher. I guess I can step up my game a little, but what a discouraging morning.

Replies

• InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    we all go through peaks and valleys. It is common to plateau now and then. Remember it is a marathon when it comes to changing ourselves, not a sprint. Since you are doing upper body and cardio, your body will need to catch up now and then. Don't rely on the scale so much as how your clothes fit. Not that it isn't important, but the resistance training will re-sahpe you without losing weight.
    Comparing the same volume of muscle versus fat, muscle weighs a lot more than fat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • msloribeth
    Options
    Thanks for your encouraging reply - you're right, my clothes are looking better on me - but it just kind of took me a back.
  • msloribeth
    Options
    I wasn't really sure how this thing posted replies, but thanks to everyone and oh by the way (weigh) lol, I threw my scales in the linen closet - they just weren't very motivational for me. Maybe instead of once a week - I might try once a month. Even though I was kind of down yesterday and didn't exercise and ate a little more than I should have - I made myself exercise today - still need to walk the dog, I can do that later this evening. Thanks again for any and all support!!!
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really sure how this thing posted replies, but thanks to everyone and oh by the way (weigh) lol, I threw my scales in the linen closet - they just weren't very motivational for me. Maybe instead of once a week - I might try once a month. Even though I was kind of down yesterday and didn't exercise and ate a little more than I should have - I made myself exercise today - still need to walk the dog, I can do that later this evening. Thanks again for any and all support!!!

It sounds like your mind is in the correct place. And that is 90% of the battle.
    Now just tell your body that it has to match your mind and not let it down.
    If you need a workout "conscience", just hollar. It helps both sides out when someone else holds you accountable as well as your own mind.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,007 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    you can't figure out everything at once
    you can't change all your old habits overnight
    just take it one day at a time
    stay open minded to new ideas---keep the ones that work and discard the others

never, never, never give up :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: