New and looking for support

Options
I just joined about 2 days ago to start getting on track with my weight and exercise. I have no motivation sometimes because my job is so stressful, I come home and just want to relax and clear my head. I am married and work full-time. I spend a majority of my free time with my son, Dominic running him to soccer, baseball, or flag football; which I love to do. I started walking during his soccer practices, but stopped because I was just wiped out from work from the day.
My daughter will be graduating from high school this coming year and I want to look healthy and feel good about myself when it comes time for pictures.

Replies

• Tiffany369
    Tiffany369 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined tonight. I have a very stressful job too & food is my comfort. I have a son too and feel tired all the time. I'm looking for support through this tough weight loss journey. Sounds like we have much in common!
  • Brim__
    Brim__ Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm new too . . . Day 8 of exercise -- Day 3 of logging food and a LOOOONNNGGGG way to go. There's no way I can eat back my calories when I exercise.

I definitely know what you mean by feeling wiped out after working all day and then running kids around, but as I told my kids, I deserve to do this for ME!

Good luck girls.
  • ann_marie823
    Options
    Well I am glad I am not the only one having issues with the calories. I never realized how much calories I was eating on a daily basis. Now that I know, things are going to change. I really need to start exercising even if it starting small.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not new, but I fell off the wagon for awhile, so I'm recently-new again. It helps having support, so feel free to add me too. It helps keep me accountable sometimes when I see others succeeding.
  • dabate514
    dabate514 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am also new. I just join tonight. My daughter is getting married in the fall and I need some motivation to help lose some weight. I also have a very stress full job. I am looking for some suport in this journey to lose weight!:smile:
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • xxmishellyxx
    Options
    feel free to add me. always looking for new motivational friends on here
  • sbertagnole
    Options
    Welcome and I completely understand your perspective. The first step for me was being completely honest about everything I eat....I did this for many weeks before committing to any weight loss. I tried dieting in the past and realized recently that it's not a diet I need but a lifestyle change I am in need of and can commit to for life. Feel free to add me...at this point I'm in it for life.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love being held accountable with my food diary. If I have junk, I have to add it and sometimes I'm over my calories for the day. As long as every day isn't like that, it's okay if every day isn't perfect. It makes me question it though, do I really want this? Is it worth it? At night, I usually have a cup of hot tea with splenda (0 calories!) and at least if I get the munchies, I won't be able to eat as much since I have a belly full of liquid.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    Fell free to add me also! I've been here since January of this year, so not really new, but this weight loss game is much easier with a bunch of supportive friends to help you along the way!!
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you have been making bad food choices in the past, it does not help with the amount of energy your body has to use. Deciding to eat healthy is going to simply help you generate more energy to get you through your day.

It is hard to get started but once you do and commit to making changes that you will carry on for ever you will just start feeling better. Giving your body good fuel means it runs better. Its just crappy at first as you exercise and feel even more tired, but once you start building strength and endurance you are going to see the long term rewards.

You have already started by signing up and posting this :-) Please add me, but I give host advice and don't sugar coat things. But I am not nasty just being honest.

Welcome to the start of your new life.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a while, too, but really need some motivation right now! Feel free to add me....