STUPID SCALE

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My scale seriously weighed me at 4 different weights this morning within 2 minutes....:sick: :grumble:

What kind of scale do you guys have??..I need one that is more accurate:):):drinker:

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    My scale seriously weighed me at 4 different weights this morning within 2 minutes....:sick: :grumble:

What kind of scale do you guys have??..I need one that is more accurate:):):drinker:

Just curious why are u weighing yourself 4x....didn't like the initial result..what was the difference?
    I use a plain old cheap digital scale and weigh in once every week or 2 weeks and go with whatever the first number is

Good luck, kim
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    If its digital my guess would be you need a new battery.
  • I read reviews online yesterday on the scale I have. One of them said they had that problem, I had never noticed so I weighed myself and I was like..what the crap she is right!!!....First time was 257:explode: Second time 255:angry: Third time was 255.4:grumble: and than 254:ohwell: A little better? lol...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Do you have it on a flat surface? (i.e. the floor, not on a rug or carpet)
    Check that battery.
    Weigh only once. Take that number and run with it.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    So a slight variation (but I know when we are loosing every pound counts)
    I would also rec changing the battery and making sure it's level
    If it makes u feel better buy a new one..I bought a cheap digital at K-mart and it works fine (but I only weigh in once..so who knows? :laugh: :tongue: )

Good luck, Kim
  • I would also suggest you to test your scale by keeping something labeled ( Like a Milk Can ) and then see how much it shows .... that would tell you the accuracy of the scale you have ......

Cheers!
    Shalini

• Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member

I've had problems with this in the past, and have found that you need a flat surface and to place your feet on the same place everytime. I bought a weight-watcher digital scale (Its been good to be for over 3 yrs.) It has metal pieces on it and after I calibrate (and it says 0), I place my feet on these markings everytime and it seems to be consistant.

If you always have this problem, I would just choose your smallest weight- and go with it:laugh: Maybe there is some merit to this- use it as motivation!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I would agree its the battery. Mine worked fine for about a year to a year and a half then it started doing that. I tried changing the battery and the weight comes back the same every time now.
  • Bah. Its so frustrating. I noticed too I steped on a different spot on the scale and it was a different weight. I believe it is on a level surface. I could bring it out to the kitchen I suppose!....

The scale is only a few months old.:grumble:
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    I have a digital, talking scale. My reasoning for it...my belly and boobs are too big to look down at the scale and the weight be accurate. :blushing: And, the woman's voice that tells me how much I weigh is very pleasant. She's not judgemental, and she's always in a good mood, even if it's 5 a.m. :love: I always go with the first thing she tells me, b/c it is nauseating to me to hear her tell me anymore how overweight I am...:sick:
This discussion has been closed.