Recipes for 1

Options
What are your favourite recipes that are great to make for one person? I don't know how to cook for a small amount of people, let alone one. And eating out is not exactly the healthiest thing to do....

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Get the bags of frozen chicken breast (so you can just cook one or two), a couple potatoes, and some fresh veggies. Then you can control how many of each you cook.
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I cook for six, so I don't have any recipes to share, but what if you made a recipe for 4 and then froze individual portion sizes? If you did that a few times a week, you'd always have something in the freezer to take out and heat up when you are hungry. Kind of like 'once a month cooking' but on a smaller scale? More food for the same effort.

Just a thought.
  • christinet8504
    Options
    Get a seal-a-meal or something similar. That way you can take the bigger packages of food (chicken, meats, veggies, whatever) and divide them out into individual servings. I always stick to the recommended serving sizes for whatever it is Im portioning off, Those usually feed one person just fine. Once you have your portion sizes, its just like cooking for multiple people - just always pay attention to the portion sies when figuring how much of other ingredients to add.
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I cook like two different meals.....My 1 year old....eats a little bit of everything, but his dad will not touch any healthy food what so ever...
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I cook for six, so I don't have any recipes to share, but what if you made a recipe for 4 and then froze individual portion sizes? If you did that a few times a week, you'd always have something in the freezer to take out and heat up when you are hungry. Kind of like 'once a month cooking' but on a smaller scale? More food for the same effort.

Just a thought.

I do this pretty frequently. It works really well. Most of the time I cook on the weekend and then eat the food throughout the week for lunch and dinner. Works out well :smile:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com will let you view recipies per serving so you can change it to whatever you want
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I cook like two different meals.....My 1 year old....eats a little bit of everything, but his dad will not touch any healthy food what so ever...

Who tells your childs father the meal is healthy, why not just cook for all of you and serve it up, most people like meat and veggies or spaghetti, casseroles, you can make them as healthy as you like without telling him. Cooking 2 meals each time is extra money for food and electricity/gas and with prices going up all the time, there has to be ways and means around this situation.