clean eating

Options
2»

Replies

• bluejones
    bluejones Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been interested in learning more about clean eating, the responses here gave me a great place to start. Thanks!! :smile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Right now I am reading The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno.
    It's about staying away from processed foods and planning healthier meals

wach out i tried her cook book once, and she makes food(at least in her 2nd clean eating book) WAY to OILY and SALTY. that and she dosent know that you NEVER LET PORK GET TO ROOM TEMP BEFORE PREPING IT, and her times where all way off on how long to cook some meats, veggie dishes where ok, but alot of the ingredents where expencive, and hard to find+ you only used a little in 1 or 2 recipys....

sorrie rant over

One tip: you can generally ignore the amounts of oil called for in a recipe (unless you are baking). I find it really doesn't matter. I don't use the cookbook to tell me about salt either, I salt to taste. Also pay close attention to see if kosher or table salt if used. Table salt is far saltier by volume than kosher.

she uses sea salt in it

Probably those typos...... so many cookbooks have them. I actually have kosher sea salt, and loads of other salts. Some are fine grained, some are huge and almost the size of peppercorns. All are labeled sea salt. Sounds like crappy editing. That was the first thing to go when the economy changed.