5ft ladies, what is your calorie number?

Options

Replies

• dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow good info!! Thank you all!
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    4'11 here and I take in 1500 calories when I'm sedentary. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mitzigan94 wrote: »
    4'11 here and I take in 1500 calories when I'm sedentary. Feel free to add me. ;)
    OK thx. :)
  • Luv2Munch
    Luv2Munch Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi have a few suggestions, i'm 5.1 and average between 12 to 14 a day and am losing weight w/minimal exercise. generally have 3 egg whites w/spices and a bit of veggies for brekkie, snack mid-am usually 2 yogurts [1 greek/1 no fat] lunch usually 5-6 oz of lean protein with a low glycemic veggie, snack in the afternoon is either a boiled egg or a few slices of lean, low fat cold cuts. dinner generally 2 servings of fish with some kind of veggies to accompany it. if i'm peckish in the evening i have a cup of no sodium chicken broth or if i'm hungrier at dinner i will add a package of shiratake noodles or make myself some cauliflower rice. [to make the "rice" grate the cauliflower [1 head], add 1 cup diced onions and diced celery with spices [i add garlic, basil and sundried tomatoes]. saute it all in 3 tbsp olive oil [usually get 2-3 svgs out of it and so will freeze 2 for future use. For me personally, I discovered I was famished and not losing weight because I wasn't eating hardly any fat. The only fat i was getting was in things like salad dressings. You can do it, don't give up. I was on a plateau for 3 weeks even though i was doing "everything right" but my body has adjusted and the needle is going down again.
    Please let us know how you're doing [are u tracking your foods? maybe you are eating too many carbs and salt daily so that you are retaining water - just a thought :)
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dlucio1 wrote: »
    1200 calories is way too little for me, I am starving with this amount, but am only 5ft. I feel that I am the only person in the whole world that can't do this. I weigh 167lbs and am suppose to eat this amount to lose weight. I feel like a total failure. Thats why I can't do this counting calories.

5'1, when I was counting and logging, I was eating 1400. I lost 20 lbs in 6 months. Stopped logging after 6 months and still have kept off 20-25lbs a year later. Happy to be back in my size 4 jeans!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and according to scooby by working out 3-5 hours a week I can eat 1800 calories a day and lose 0.4lbs a week.

That is working for me
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" started at 185 am 175. My dietician started me at 1500
  • moudys585
    moudys585 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" 132lb want to loose 15 lbs. Just started a week ago with 1200 calories a day. Three workouts a week for 30 minutes. With a goal of 1 lb a week.
  • shelbykring
    shelbykring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a medical assistant and weight loss coach at a weight loss clinic. I don't only preach it I have been through it. I'm 5'2 and have lost 60lbs and maintained it for 2 years now. I started at 187 and I'm at 127 now. the biggest trick to hitting those lower calorie goals is to eat the right foods that keep you full longer. You want to stay away from carbs and push a lot of protein. It takes much longer for our bodies to digest (and store unburned) protein than it does carbs, therefore keeping you full for longer. Try and focus more on those numbers and it should help. Any of my patients your size I would suggest under 100g of carbs a day and anywhere between 65-80 g of protein a day, which is a lot of protein so drinking protein shakes can help ALOT. Feel free to add me if you want. Good luck to you!
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I am eating between 1600-2000 calories a day.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    At 5'2" MFP gives me 1300 ish which is actually 100 cal more than my weight management nurse recommended! Anyway, I probably eat closer to 1400 most days, with one day a week closer to 1800 and one or two days at 1150 ish and it all balances out. I don't count my exercise calories as I only do a proper work out about once a week and just try to be a bit less sedentary the rest of the time, but it seems to be losing me a steady 1 pound/week.

I did find it very difficult at first. But after a couple of weeks, I found you get used to it, and more importantly you start making better food decisions that allow you to eat more - in other words, eat more veg.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and have 1320, but usually get a little less than that, it's just how my meals work out. I pay a lot of attention to my macros, though. I aim to get about 100 grams of net carbs (I eat a lot of fiber) and 100 grams of protein a day. I've lost 14 pounds over the last 2 months.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine up to 1250. I have my settings at sedentary. I workout 4-5x a week and eat back a lot of those calories. It was working well before I crashed and burned starting at Thanksgiving, hoping it continues to work well now that I am back at it :)
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a medical assistant and weight loss coach at a weight loss clinic. I don't only preach it I have been through it. I'm 5'2 and have lost 60lbs and maintained it for 2 years now. I started at 187 and I'm at 127 now. the biggest trick to hitting those lower calorie goals is to eat the right foods that keep you full longer. You want to stay away from carbs and push a lot of protein. It takes much longer for our bodies to digest (and store unburned) protein than it does carbs, therefore keeping you full for longer. Try and focus more on those numbers and it should help. Any of my patients your size I would suggest under 100g of carbs a day and anywhere between 65-80 g of protein a day, which is a lot of protein so drinking protein shakes can help ALOT. Feel free to add me if you want. Good luck to you!

Hi Shelby~ I have a question. I'm just finishing up my first real week back on task after a difficult year. I found previously that carbs and fat were my two biggest food issues, so I'm really trying to concentrate on my macros.... But am finding my calories remain under 1000, and I'm full
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and do 1600-1800. But with 6lbs to goal I'm switching to closer to maintenance which is 2100
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and currently 146 # I consume between 1100-1200. I am losing between 1 to 1.5 # a week.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and 5/8" (but I usually just round up to 5'0") and I lose on 1750.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal ( set to custom after TDEE calculation) is 1690 calories. Sometimes i eat my exercise calories back and sometimes i dont. I am 5ft and 138 lbs right now.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and its 1220. for me thats enough most days, but im not a huge eater, and dont get much exercise (and lots to lose! lol)
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am just shy of 5 ft. I have manually adjusted my calories up to 1250 (from 1200). I net between 1200-1250 after exercise each day.