5 months of effort - paying off I think

Options
rdennisjr
rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
5 months ago I decided it was time to stop the slow slide downhill this year. It wasn't quite a New Years resolution but it was close. So with the help of my wife and kidlets in helping me find times to work out it was time to get it on. I started running again, and joined a local gym chain (Kosama) and through them found out about MFP. I started monitoring my food (mainly portion control and general better eating) and exercise. Kosama is 6 days a week, 1 hour a day of primarily body weight (and some kettlebells) upper/lower body, plyometrics, kickboxing, etc. It's a pretty aerobic activity and I burn about 400-800 calories per hour depending on what we are doing. I also started running (13 minute miles to about 8:30 right now) 3 days a week. Recently I've added swimming back to the program and I've signed up for my first Triathalon.

Anyhow - I liked how I looked in the mirror today and so thought I would look at the pre-Kosama initial photos and take a comparison photo. Here for your viewing pleasure:

Before:
DennisRieke-Before2.jpg

Now (5 months):
014.jpg

Replies

• workingitout2012
    Options
    Congratulations! You've made so many healthy changes! I love that you are making it a family thing and being more active with your kids. Heres to you!!:drinker:
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Definitely paying off and it's great you have a support system. Way to go :smile:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Ooooh!!!! Great progress!!!! 5 months has definitely paid off!!! Keep doing what you're doing because it works! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!