Lost weight and now shoes don't fit?!

Options
I've lost 35lbs and now some of my slip on shoes don't fit anymore - I get big gap at my heel when I try to walk and so they slip with every step.

Is it possible to lose fat from your feet so as to affect your shoe size, or am I just going crazy?!

Replies

• kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    lol - you are not going crazy - same thing happened to me - my gorgeous heels don't fit anymore - bummer i have to buy more now!!! :happy:
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My lovely,custom made Italian leather boots don't fit either :-(. I feel your pain but it's a small price to pay
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I know a lady who went down 1.5 sizes - How trumatic, all that shopping :wink:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!

I was a size 8, now I fit into anything from a 5 to an 8 depending on the style!

Very frustrating when I go shopping!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yep, I had to buy wide shoes when I was bigger, now they're much too big. Luckily, I didn't have many shoes to begin with. :P So I bought a couple pairs since then, doing fine now. Lol
  • DeanSmith116
    DeanSmith116 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had the same issue when I lost a lot of weight many years ago, went down 3 sizes, bonus though, because I can now find shoes in my size!
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're not crazy! but I was surprised too when suddenly one day I tried on a pair of shoes and they were "baggy". It actually made me happy though cuz I'm back down to a size 7 to 7.5
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Same ... dropped a shoe size ....

But even more weird .... it seems i am now almost an inch taller. I think from standing up straighter..... but hey now I can say 6'1"
  • orchidsand
    orchidsand Posts: 65
    Options
    Me too!! It happens...think I would rather be thinner & buy new shoes!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Losing weight made my feet go down a size, but running made them grow again, so take up running! :laugh:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Happen to me too! I had to go and buy a couple new pairs of shoes....not that I'm complaining.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    My feet were not smaller but my Hat were. I knew I was a fat head. LOL
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yep- no more wide shoes for me either.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I went up half a size to a size shoesize after each pregnancy (plus a clothes size up after each) and always wondered if it was due to the pregnancies or due to the extra weight. I was 5-5.5 and now am 6.5-7. My feet don't look more fat than usual so funny to read people went down a size after loosing weight

Will let you know when I lose more, so far no change in my shoes ;)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of shoes I bought in my late 20s which became so tight when I put on weight, I ended up giving them away :cry:

I also have a pair of black suede,winkle-picker ankle boots with a Cuban heel that were a killer to wear when I was well-over 200 lbs, even though they are a size bigger, but are now wearable, albeit for short periods.

I'm a 41 (7½) which is not that easy to find in UK. Most 41s are actually 7s here, so sometimes I go for a 42 (8).
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can only pray this happens to me. With size 11 wide feet, unless it's a pair of small canoes they are not fitting on my feet, and I want cute shoes damnit!
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When i went to weightwatchers, they said as you lose weight to keep checking your shoe size as your shoe size might change
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

2 shoe sizes down for me :o)

makes me SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!! cause the clothes size is down about 6 :smile:
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    I can only pray this happens to me. With size 11 wide feet, unless it's a pair of small canoes they are not fitting on my feet, and I want cute shoes damnit!

Me too!! I feel your pain...cute shoes are (usually) no longer cute if they come in an 11. I argued with a sales guy once because I thought he brought me the wrong shoe. It was the right shoe, it just lost all its cuteness when enlarged to an 11. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    This is hilarious, when I initially lost all of my weight my shoes became huge too and I had so much extra shoe lace!

I eventually cut my shoe laces with all the extra slack and hung them up in my garage/gym as another reminder to me of the change.