Hi, from San Francisco-I'm new :)

Just thought I'd make a post to introduce myself - my name is Mer and i live in San Francisco with my fiance. I love music, from alternative to oldies to some pop, i love to read and love movies, too. I dont waych much tv, but i like Animal Planet and the history and science channels, and Spartacus is my fave series-cant wait for the next season. Love The Walking Dead, too, but i havent seen the 2nd season yet.

Anyway, In the last few years i really put on a lot of weight, i just kind of said the heck with it and ate whatever i wanted. Now, though, i'm back on track :) i've lost 7 pounds, i'm exercising, and i'm learning that losing weight and eating healthy doesnt mean subsisting on salad, special k and skim milk. I eat healthier now, but i still have a glass of lemonade at night with dinner. I still have ice cream sometimes. I just A-dont overdo it, and B-make sure to log it. I can be a bit of an all or nothing person, and it took me a long time to realize that i didnt have to starve myslf or eat like a rabbit to lose weight. I used to eat whatever i wanted, and tell myself i'd start my diet 'next week'. The time would come, and i'd have like, special k with skim milk for breakfast, skip lunch, and have a lean cuisine and a glass of water for dinner. Well, needless to say, i could only keep that up for a week or two before i was desperate for something GOOD, so i'd go off my diet, and it would take me ages to try again because i so dreaded having to eat that way again... But now i finally realize that that's not the way-that i can eat like a normal human being and still lose weight :)

I'd love some friends to help keep me motivated, especially if you share your meals on the app-i'd like to get an idea of what other people are eating to lose weight. I log in every day. Thanks fo reading :)

Replies

• MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Hi I am going in San-Francisco in a month! Your profile does not say if you ar ea girl or a guy, if a girl add me!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Sorry-I'm a girl! Will aff you right now :)
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Btw, you'll love SF, its an amazing city :)
  • tanna13
    tanna13 Posts: 10
    Welcome! I also am starting this over again. I seem to come and go and don't feel like posting what I eat. But if you would like to add me go ahead. Am hoping to be better this time around