Today's NSV

Options
onceabyrne
onceabyrne Posts: 64 Member
Today's NSV. Today is my birthday (43!). When I was 39, I weighed close to 234. I wanted to lose weight by my 40th b-day and was down to 169 for the big 4-0. My lowest weight since then was 149. Due to some pretty serious health issues (a total of 3 hospitalizations, 1 week each AND a colectomy this past December) and falling back into old habits, I gained back A LOT of that (not all of it, thank goodness!). This April I started with MFP and have lost 31.5 lbs (my official weigh in isn't until Sunday). I was hoping to get down to 169 for my birthday today, but I'm still pleased with 174.5. I should get close to that 169 mark by 7/1 which would be 12 weeks with MFP and half way to my GW of 135. I've always been successful losing weight... not so much with maintaining it! =)

I think this time will be different. Thanks to MFP friends for your support and encouragement! xoxo

Replies

• tireetje
    tireetje Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey First of all i would like to say a big well done for losing that weight the last time! Everybody falls of every now and then! (trust me i know!) you even have a decent reason. Second of all Good for you getting back on track! I think you will just have to come to accept losing the weight is a battle but not the only battle, maintaining it is a task in itself! (i am just starting to realise this now).
    Congratulations x
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for so many things ... It's your birthday - haPpY bIRtHdaY!! You are losing weight - WOO HOO! And the best? You are still alive after going through so many things!!!!! You must be such a fighter!!!

You will get to 169. GOOOOOO you!!! :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to the NEW YOU! HOpe you have a great day and enjoy that new weight! You have overcome so much! Congrats on sticking with this! You will succeed!
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to the NEW YOU! HOpe you have a great day and enjoy that new weight! You have overcome so much! Congrats on sticking with this! You will succeed!

I like this one but want to change one thing. I am changing "You will succeed" to You are succeeding!! keep up the HARD work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!