What's your SW, CW and your net calorie goal?

Options
I tried this before but didn't really stick to my goal. However I'm now back and hoping to have a bit more will-power/motivation this time to keep on track.

Do you tend to stick to the recommended daily calorie intake or have you chosen your own target calorie goal? What kind of results are you seeing?

I know that with diet plans I.e. weight-watchers/slimming world you can save up your points/syns to treat yourself at the weekend perhaps and can also earn more by exercising. Does this concept work the same with counting calories? E.g. So far, I am just under 400 calories under target for the week. Would I be able to use this deficit to treat myself to an odd glass of wine etc?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    . Does this concept work the same with counting calories? E.g. So far, I am just under 400 calories under target for the week. Would I be able to use this deficit to treat myself to an odd glass of wine etc?

yes...or a steak!
  • dickster1961
    dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is my second time trying to use MyFitnessPal. The good thing is this time I have a couple friends in the office and my wife doing it at the same time. Having the wife involved really helps because neither of us are tempted to bring our trouble foods into the house.

I set my calorie goals by using the tools here. I set my goal to lose 1-lb per week and am using the recommended calories from MyFitnessPal. Right now, I have a goal of 1800 calories per day. In reality, I would like to lose 1.5-2 pounds per week, but I feel like if I had a goall of 1300 calories a day I would get discouraged if I had a 1500 calorie day.

I think that you can definitely give yourself a little bit of a treat as long as it fits into you overall calorie goals. One of the great things for me is having all of the tools and info available to me at any time on the app on my phone. It helps me make informed decisions whenever I am tempted to treat myself
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My SW was around 165 and my CW is 128 (I think, I haven't weighed in a while. But that's what it was at the start of June). I'm 5'3.5", aiming for around 112 - 119.

MFP goals tend to be unrealistc, it seems. They want to set everyone at 1200 calories, and that's just not feasible for most of us.

I calorie cycle. My weeks generally look like this:

Monday: 1200 calories
    Tuesday: 1600 calories
    Wednesday: 1800 calories
    Thursday: 1400 calories
    Friday: 1500 calories
    Saturday: 1900 calories
    Sunday: 1400 calories

I eat back most of my exercise calories as well, and I lose around 1 - 2lbs a week.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 200 (probably a little over) in April of this year. My current GW is to get done to 150 and then reevalute.

I'm at 172 this morning :)

When I put in all my info MFP came back with 1200 and I did that for a few weeks and then I started not feeling great and having issues so I bumped it up to 1350 and I absolutely eat back my workout cals!

I steadily lose between 1-2lbs a week.