Sammiches

Options

Replies

• sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO that goes straight between the hips!!!!!
    You can never work that off!!!!

Enough trans fat to give Lance Armstrong a heart attack.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Mmmm sammiches...my recent fave that I came up with is a slice of cheddar cheese, hummus, red pepper, onion and mushroom on wheat, in a panini maker to melt the cheese...damn now I want one.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I found some new bread well I don't exactly know if it is "New" but it is NEW to me. It's called the Dieter's Dream bread, only 35 Cal's per slice which makes for a good choice since I love Sammiches..lol

I work at a restaurant on weekends one day a week as a cook and I make a killer Turkey Club Sandwich that is to die for.

Take 3 slices of bread, toast it, then have your condiments ready either mustard, mayo or butter. put the turkey and lettuce on the bottom slice of bread, top it with the middle piece of bread, then on top of that put 3 slices of bacon and two thinly sliced though large circumference tomato pieces on top and cover with the top piece of toast. After that get 4 club picks or toothpicks whichever and cut X wise... Enjoy.. its really good!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I eat sandwiches :frown:

Then you are doing it wrong.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    this
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sun-dried tomato & basil turkey with pickles, mayo and mustard. I eat them about 3 - 4 times a week.
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    Here in the UK I am partial to a fish finger sandwich (or sammich or shamicshch depending on how much you've had to drink)
    two THICK slices of white bread, butter, butter them again and don't be so stingy
    Ketchup on one slice of bread (it needs to be cheap ketchup, thin and runny, none of this heinz bollocks)
    Salad Cream on the other slice of bread (this has to be heinz)
    5 fish fingers (or 10 if you double stack them) on the salad cream side
    salt and vinegar
    salt and vinegar again you tight *kitten*
    put the ketchup top on
    slice diagonally (diagonally sliced sandwiches taste better, this has been proven by god and by science)

eat, get fat :(

I will make these very occasionally these days, but I skimp on ingredients to lower calories. When I hit goal weight I'm going to make two of these, and probably not be able to eat them both.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Turkey season just got over here 2 months ago....I've got 60# of shredded wild turkey meat in the freezer! 2 slices of wheat bread, schmear of brown mustard...its all good.................on nom nom nom
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    One word: fluffer-nutter
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Fresh mozzarella, basil & roasted red pepper on a ciabatta w/ a little salt, pepper & olive oil

Damn that sounds awesome!!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

LOL
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    lately I've been picking up reduced sodium chicken at the deli counter. wrapped up in a low carb wheat tortilla....with 2% swiss, new york deli mustard (emeril), and spinach. Usually I warm it up in the microwave or "grill" it with some olive oil spray in a pan.

I always have to eat chips with my sandwiches too. I don't enjoy them nearly as much without chips on the side.
  • scs143
    Options
    I like honey roast turkey....or cajun blackened turkey with lots of cheese, and spicy horseradish mustard. Course, any kind of mustard is better than nothing. Banana pepper mustard is also god sometimes. I like lettuce, and a fat slice of home grown tomato as well......

Will you make me one, and bring it to me this morning scs.......? Pwetty Pwease????

You know I will!!! :flowerforyou:
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

If I died and went to heaven, this is what they would give me for lunch every day :love:
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, banana and honey sammiches for me.

This!! my favourite sammich in the world!!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Okay I love this because this is how my daughter says this word. makes me smile :happy:

I stick with PBJ (or sub out the J for H or AB)

I've been suffering from migraines so I've been avoiding deli meat. :sad:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I like my sammich with a minimum of two.....oh sorry...

Err.. I like fried egg sammiches, British Army staple nicknamed "the egg banjo", due to the action needed when you drip yolk down your front.
  • scs143
    Options

If I died and went to heaven, this is what they would give me for lunch every day :love:

Me too! Yummy.

I make turkey, bacon, mustard, pickles and swiss with mustard on the grill pan for my husband who is not watching his calories and for me- low fat provolone, tomato, roasted peppers, and red onion on a whole wheat ciabatta roll.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Fresh mozzarella, basil & roasted red pepper on a ciabatta w/ a little salt, pepper & olive oil

That sounds so good!