NSV!!

Options
Ok, so i already posted this to my personal MFP page and my fb, so for those who share it, my apologies for the redundancy! haha.... but here goes...

RUNNING IS MY WEAKNESS. A jog is what I can do right now, and it's my best, though I can feel myself getting stronger. Anyhow... today for our warm up, we were outside running (jogging) and had to cross a couple lines of mall traffic. I was well behind everyone else in my class, but still trucking. On my last lap back, a guy in a car slows down and I see him watching me jog and sees how far behind I am, but that I'm still pushing. Regardless, i immediately feel self-conscious. I keep watching him, and he comes to a stop and waves to let me pass in front of him. I hold up my hand and wave back to say thank you. He responds with a big smile and gives me a "thumbs up!" Self-consciousness leaves, and self-CONFIDENCE enters!!! Ahhhh it put a big 'ol grin on my face and made me feel like a million bucks :happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and continued success.:drinker:
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great story - and it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't persevered in the first place, and also had the (un)common courtesy to give him a wave for waiting. Good on him too - great stuff all round!
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    Keep it up kiddo!!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!