Gym-Goers

Options
What time of day do you go to the gym? How long are you there for when you go? Do you go alone or with someone?

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I go around 5:30 -6:00pm. I am there for an hour to an hour and a half. I've been going alone for the past 6 months, just recently made a new friend at the gym and we work out together 1-2 times a week.

What about you?
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Usually lifting twice a day, once in the early afternoon, once at night. Afternoon is about an hour and alone, night workout is 2 hours and with my lifting team.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I go around 5:30 -6:00pm. I am there for an hour to an hour and a half. I've been going alone for the past 6 months, just recently made a new friend at the gym and we work out together 1-2 times a week.

What about you?

I don't go at all right now. I finished the couch to 5k program and have been running 4-5 times a week but I can't get motivated to use the weights we have in the basement. If I went to the gym, it would have to be when my husband gets home from work, so 8-9pm. I don't know how I'd like that... lol
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I go after work/evening and I do group classes. Pilates, Zumba and Aqua Zumba, Aero Boxing and Ballroom Dancing (although that's not the gym)
    Options

What about you?

I don't go at all right now. I finished the couch to 5k program and have been running 4-5 times a week but I can't get motivated to use the weights we have in the basement. If I went to the gym, it would have to be when my husband gets home from work, so 8-9pm. I don't know how I'd like that... lol

Girl just do it!! You will be amazed at how your body will change when you add in lifting! Once you learn from your husband, you couldn't go without him?
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

What about you?

Girl just do it!! You will be amazed at how your body will change when you add in lifting! Once you learn from your husband, you couldn't go without him?

I should have specified, I'd go when he gets home from work so he'd be home with our kids. I wouldn't be going to the gym with him...
    Options

What about you?

I should have specified, I'd go when he gets home from work so he'd be home with our kids. I wouldn't be going to the gym with him...

Oh I see! Well it's worth a shot, you might not like the time you would have to go, but you will love how you feel afterwards. It would be worth it!!
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It depends on where I go. When I use the gym at work, it depends on what time my meal break is scheduled so that varies. On my days off, I'll go after the kids have left for school so around 0830. In the summer, I like to hit the gym first thing in the morning, between 0530-0600. Sometimes, my husband comes with me but we work out alone. I prefer to go by myself. I have my own routine and I don't feel rushed. I'll spend anywhere from 1-1.5 hours there.
  • fitforlifeee
    Options
    I go just after lunchtime when it's not too busy. I stay 1hr 30mins to 2 hrs. And I usually go and meet my sister there so we can motivate each other :)
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I go to the gym 5-6 times a week. I always go around 4am and leave around 0545 am. I find that I have more energy during the day if i work out in the morning. I have tried working out at night, but after working a 12 hour day i was too tired.
  • christakersey
    Options
    I go to the gym with my good friend every morning M-F at 5am for 30 minutes. We go that early because it's before my husband goes to work, and he usually does some typ of exercise after work so I like to leave him with a free schedule. I've also been running in the evenings some time 3 days a week because the weight wasn't coming off like I want it to, plus I just like running. Good luck!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I either go EARLY EARLY in the morning after my hubby goes to work at like 5am for like 45 mins to an hour, or I go around lunch time anywhere from 20 mins to 45 mins, depending on what I'm doing that day. I have aquaintances there at the gym that I see just cause they go at the same time.. but I don't have anyone to go with me unless I go with my hubby, we do that mostly on the weekends he is off. If I go on a weekend I go fairly early anywhere from 9am to 11am for about an hour.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It depends. I like to try and go in the morning -- around 6:30 -- but that doesn't always happen. I'll hit it in the afternoon around 1 or 2 p.m. On a typical workout day I'm there for probably 90 minutes, maybe a little more (30 cardio 60 - 75 min. weights). I go Monday thru Friday and I go with my husband. I love working out with him. He pushes me to lift heavier. He can tell when I'm not feeling it or not lifting what I should be and he'll bust my butt about it (or just shake his head an add more weight LOL). I've gotten so much stronger working out with him. People probably think he's a complete and total douche when they here him saying "Come ON Jennie! Push it push it push it!" LOL.
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go after work weekdays at 4 for an hour and at weekends either at 7am or 8pm (just because it's free parking then!). I always go alone and to be honest, I wonder how the girls who go together get much of a workout at all because they seem to spend all the time chatting and you can see, as soon as one starts talking, they slow right down! I don't think they even realise they're doing it!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I go after 6:30 pm, that's about the time all the after work people clear out and so it isn't so packed. Depending on what all I am doing, I can be there anywhere from 1 hour (cardio only days) to 2 hours (3 days a week I do an hour of lifting and an hour of cardio). I usually go alone, but now that my daughter is home from college for the summer, she has been going with me.
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I go every morning from 4:30 am to 7 am and three times a week I go twice a day. Once in the morning and once after work around 5:30 pm till around 6:30.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I go around 1pm, with my sister (she's under 18 and has to have an adult present to go). We walk on the treadmills or bike on the bikes for a good 20 minutes, then we do ab workouts and free weights for 10 minutes or so. It's not a LONG gym session but we enjoy it and are tired at the end of it all. :-) (I think my sister also goes to look at the cuties that use the gym)
    Oh I forgot to mention we go 4 to 5 days of the week :-)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I try to spend as little time in the gym as I possibly can and as much time outside as I possibly can. I spend about 45 minutes a day in the gym. Maybe an hour. The magic happens outside the gym, not in it :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I go anytime there's a class I like and can make it to. Also I go when I want to walk, jog, work with the weights. Anytime you workout is the right time and your best choice :flowerforyou:
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Normally I go for the classes so 9:30 to 11:00 in the morning or 5:30 to 8 pm at night. I joined a different very cheap gym and have been going with my husband between 10 and 12. We do an hour of cardio and leave. I have to do strength training.