Indian food recipes.

Options
belldandy1
belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
I :heart: Indian food. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good Indian recipes or a sight that has good Indian recipes. I am particularly interested in simplified Indian recipes, considering that most Indian food contains a bagillion ingrediants and takes hours to cook. If you do not have any simplified Indian recipes then I will take the traditional ones. I think that Inidan food would be something that would be great to cook in advance and freeze for later meals. Plus I keep reading about how great the spices are for you. Thanks guys.

Replies

• slimmingmom
    Options
    bump. Sorry that I don't have any recipes :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I, too, am interested in this. I have curry and basmati rice :) Where to go from there? I don't want to go and buy a ton of obscure spices if I don't have to!
  • JenSteck
    JenSteck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Indian food too. If you have a Eastern market in your area, it really helps. You can buy many curry pastes and other premade sauces. If you like curry, then you would probably love tikka masala too. It's my favorite. Just make sure you read the labels..but most should be good except for sodium.
    You can find many recipes online. I have a few great Indian cookbooks, but I bet you can find pretty much the same stuff by googling. The internet is a wonderful thing. :)
    One website I use for lots of cooking is allrecipes.com
    Good Luck. :)
  • jessicob
    jessicob Posts: 33
    Options
    Trader Joe's is a great place to go. They have so many options:
    premade sauces, frozen entrees, wheat basmati rice, whole wheat naan, and so on...
    Just check the labels of course because not everything is healthy but in moderation of course you can have anything. googling "lowfat indian recipes is what I would do too!" Good luck to you!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    anyone?