Not yet frustrated- Questions/vent

Options
but getting close. I am eating approx 1200 calories a day. some days I make what I think are awesome choices, some days not so much. I pack my breakfast and lunch everyday for work, drink approx a gallon of water a day (too much I think) dinners is dinner. Hubby cooks most nights (meat, veggie and soem sort of side).Generally have a banana around 4 so I am not starving at 6 when I run. I am trying to run not doing as well as I think I should be. On the treadmill I can run for 30 mins straight at 5MPH. Outside I can run for 5 mins max before having to walk. I have been fitted with proper running shoes, stretch prior to running, when legs start hurting on a run I tend to stretch them then too, and after a run. I run max 4 times a week never more than 2 days in a row. My routes vary from 1.6 to 2.9 miles, none are flat. The treadmill is now BORING!!! Cannot afford to join a gym, buy a HRM, or go buy a weight set. I have a treadmill, stationary bike*, eliptical*, mountain bike, public pool*, and pavement. *=not used often as in prolly never
Am I doing something wrong?
Should I eat more of something that I am not?
Should I vary routes that I run or stick to one until it is mastered?
At what point should I seek mental assistance?
Please don't tell me to research things since obviously everyone has their own opinions and the information is conflicting and confusing. Just post your thoughts, concerns, and what does/doesn't work for you and why if you know that part as well.

My goal is to be as healthy as i can be, looking as good as I can (make batwings go away, reduce the cottage cheese looking butt, have firmer legs and eventually defined abs)

Info: 38yo female, 109.6 lbs (this morning), 5ft 1/2 inch, been running since January. My diary is open. Not easily offended but i am honest and easily confused so keep it simple, please!

Replies

• kzandarski
    kzandarski Posts: 51
    Options
    One of the best things I did for my running is join a running club. The one in my town is full of runners at all levels who can run with you and give you advice. My guess is that when you run outside you don't track your pace the same as you would on a treadmill where your pace is fixed so it is harder. Some days I will pick something to think about - some big world problem to solve - and the time seems to fly by. You might want to try running for 5 minutes, walk 1 run for 6. You will eventually build up to where you want to be and beyond.There are lots of weight exercises you can do at home with on equipment, push ups, lunges, squats, planks - the list goes on and on.
    I can't advise too much on the food etc. but I can tell you my weight loss is really a long long journey - I can understand it is hard to stay motivated, but so worth it
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I will start doing some of the lunges and so forth. And definitly I have an issue pacing myself outdoors, no front of treadmill to kick and say ooops moving feet too fast! I am always telling myself ok slow down, lsower slower but yeah when i reach that point it is too late, damage is done
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to ask out of the options listed above what would a good "schedule" be? As in run 2 days cross train 1 rinse and repeat or run 1 next day cross train and jsut repeat type of schedule? Of just do what I am doing?
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    She's right...a running club is quite the motivator. Ladies of Leasure my hiney. Just dont get frustrated yet. It's way to early in the summer to be frustrated. I do some sort of cardio every day except Friday, and I lift small dumb bells and plank till I turn green like 4 times a week...but I'm neurotic about it. I also think you have the same sort of questions most of us do....what the heck am I doing would be the question forefront in my brain. I'm justa kid trying to figger this all out too and I wish I could help more.