Second day on site! Looking for success stories!

Options
Hey everyone! Thi sis my second day on the site and I have 16 pounds to loose. My starting weight was 170lbs, most of which I gained after going on the birth control drug Depo Provera. I am currently 151 after beginning excercise regularly in April and cutting out chocolate and baked goods. I have 16 pounds to go to reach my goal weight of 135lbs.

What are the recommendation that you have for Cardio versus Strength Training? I do both and it seems that 1 hour a day of intense working out tires me. I also work full time and am going to school part time.

My husband is very supportive and lives a fit lifestyle. However, I would like some suggestions other than walking etc. of activities that we could do together that are enjoyable and yet active...what works for you guys?

Thanks for all your help....
PS ..I would like to hear the number one thing that has helped you to stay on track with your weight loss.

Replies

• natalieesmith
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thi sis my second day on the site and I have 16 pounds to loose. My starting weight was 170lbs, most of which I gained after going on the birth control drug Depo Provera. I am currently 151 after beginning excercise regularly in April and cutting out chocolate and baked goods. I have 16 pounds to go to reach my goal weight of 135lbs.

What are the recommendation that you have for Cardio versus Strength Training? I do both and it seems that 1 hour a day of intense working out tires me. I also work full time and am going to school part time.

My husband is very supportive and lives a fit lifestyle. However, I would like some suggestions other than walking etc. of activities that we could do together that are enjoyable and yet active...what works for you guys?

Thanks for all your help....
    PS ..I would like to hear the number one thing that has helped you to stay on track with your weight loss.
  • natalieesmith
    Options
    also sorry for the typos lol. I am tired from work!
  • raeokay
    raeokay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site! Those hormones can be very potent drugs against our wishes, can't they?

Cardio vs. strength training.. Cardio will help you lose fat faster and increase your metabolism, while keeping your heart and lungs in great shape. Strength training will make your body tighter and firmer, so it shouldn't be ignored. Don't start off too intensely. If you're exhausted, you're working a little too hard. Pushing yourself is a great thing sometimes, but if you find it hard to balance your outside commitments with your inside ones, something's gonna give sometime!

I'd recommend you and your husband go bike riding if you live near nice trails, or take up a game like tennis or badminton, which use the entire body if you really get into it (and a little spicy competition)..

The number one thing that's helped me stay on track has been making my food diary my start page in my browser. Every day, I HAVE to enter my food in every time I open my browser, and it keeps me on top of myself. Good luck!!
  • natalieesmith
    Options
    thanks for the advice! Very sound!
  • OnlyOneAudrey
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi. New to MFP and saw your post whilst browing the forums. I noticed that you have cut out chocolate from your diet...what is your secret? I LOVE chocolate and thus far it's been impossible to stay away from it. How do you keep the cravings for it in check?