Whats best..Treadmill/spin bike/Elliptical

Options
jonski1968
jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
Hi all...I`m looking for an answer for the above...I have all 3...Elliptical still in the box...Spin bike just started on...Treadmill used daily.

I see posts on here regarding calorie burn on an elliptical and they are massive, but when i ask the question are the cals burnt from a HRM, nobody ever answers. I`m seeing some good burns on the bike.

Today for instance i burnt 650 cals doing 85 mins treadmill and 10 mins on the bike, but people are posting way way higher than this for half the time on a elliptical...

Problem is i only have room for the bike and either the tready or the elliptical in the bedroom...One or the other has to go into my cold damp gym (garage) with no TV.

Someone help me out here and give me some TRUE HRM stats between the tready and the elliptical.

Thanks
John

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the type of workout you do on each. Personally, I never get those high numbers either with my HRM.:noway: I can get a higher calorie burn from the bike or elliptical but that's because I walk on the treadmill. If I were you, I would move the one who works best with an ipod out into the garage. For instance, if you run, the treadmill would go out there and you could listen to music. We also have all three at home (in the basement) and I wouldn't want to give up one either! :happy:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Thats what i was thinking...BUT...As i said, the garage is damp and as the tready is electrical, i don`t want it to blow up...Especially when i`m on it..:laugh: