New to MFP

Options
HI!
My name is Katheryn. I am a 23 year old college student/stay at home mom who is trying to get back in shape after having a baby/binge eating like crazy. This time last year, I was 250 lbs. I've been working hard to lose the weight and spent a couple months yo-yo-ing my weight but within the last 6-9 months I've lost 50 lbs! My goal is 45 more and my goal is to lose it before November of 2012 for the Marine Corps Ball. I'd appreciate any advice on new, fun workouts as well as any new foods (I have a terrible curse of being able to cook and LOVE food so I'm looking for yummy healthy dishes to make!).

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Hi Katheryn!

How is knowing how to cook a curse??? Man, that's a great skill to have! Especially if you learn to make great healthy dishes that people love. I LOVE food too....which is part of the reason why I am here.

Congrats on your 50 lb weight loss! That is nothing to sneeze at.

Good luck to you!
  • kyanok1989
    Options
    Hey! I say cooking is a curse because I make things that taste amazing but aren't exactly the most healthy ever. But I'm learning how to cut corners without sacrificing taste!

I decided to stop looking for wonder diets and just work out and try to eat right! So far its been a really big struggle but I think if I keep tracking what I eat here it will help!