Options

Replies

• myers0machine
    Options
    I'm not OCD, I'm CDO just saying
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Its funny...... who gets to pick and choose what is ok to joke about?
    if you are going to be upset with someone joking about a mental disorder then dont ever make fun of anything ever. Because somewhere it will hit close to home for someone.
    for that matter no one on the face of the earth has ever not made fun of something
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I can't stop looking. Aha
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Meh.. All I care about is that the money in my wallet is in its proper order.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have OCD especially at work, but this really doesn't bother me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why you gotta be like that?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Meh.. All I care about is that the money in my wallet is in its proper order.

OMG Messy money bothers me lol!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha! I was so cancer-y the other day. Totally tired and my hair was falling out! It was a total cancery day.

Yeah, that sounded crappy of me, didn't it? You know what? So does making fun of a different real, actual, debilitating illness. Love you clown, but this stuff bugs me a lot.

And if your anal-retentiveness is something you wear like a badge because your neatness and "OCDness" makes you special, then you don't have OCD, you have a personality disorder.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Serious posts are serious.
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    if you are going to be upset with someone joking about a mental disorder then dont ever make fun of anything ever. Because somewhere it will hit close to home for someone.
    for that matter no one on the face of the earth has ever not made fun of something

You're totally right. We should probably make fun of blind people because they can't see how BEAUTIFUL it is today bwhahah SO funnnnnnny!

Know what else is funny? Alcoholics and them losing their family and not being able to hold down a job. BAHAHA
    Oh man, and don't get me started on people with brittle bone disease! Hilarious.

I'm all about making fun of things...like my friends and ignorant posters on forums. I also like long walks on the beach and beer. However, I don't find making fun of things like mental illness to be funny. So sue me.

And for the record, I don't even think this thread was meant to make fun of people with OCD, it was just a silly "chit-chat, fun, and games" topic that happened to evoke some emotion, big deal.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

You're totally right. We should probably make fun of blind people because they can't see how BEAUTIFUL it is today bwhahah SO funnnnnnny!

Know what else is funny? Alcoholics and them losing their family and not being able to hold down a job. BAHAHA
    Oh man, and don't get me started on people with brittle bone disease! Hilarious.

I'm all about making fun of things...like my friends and ignorant posters on forums. I also like long walks on the beach and beer. However, I don't find making fun of things like mental illness to be funny. So sue me.

And for the record, I don't even think this thread was meant to make fun of people with OCD, it was just a silly "chit-chat, fun, and games" topic that happened to evoke some emotion, big deal.

So no blind people
    no mental disorders
    but as long as you think someone is ignorant its fair game.
    what if the ignorant poster is blind is it still ok?
    what about hypocrites can we make fun of them?
  • QuestForFitness
    Options

So no blind people
    no mental disorders
    but as long as you think someone is ignorant its fair game.
    what if the ignorant poster is blind is it still ok?
    what about hypocrites can we make fun of them?

Ignorance isn't a disorder. And it isn't beyond your control....BUT yes, you can make fun of hypocrisy. And if the ignorant poster is blind, then I'd say it is totally fair game. Thanks for clarifying :)
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    uh-oh ... where's the popcorn when I need it.

This was obviously intended to be funny and not hurtful.
    We've all said something inappropriate or offensive at some point in our lives with the intent to amuse and never the intention to insult or hurt anyone. And if you say you haven't well, I'd be tempted to call you a liar.

Sometimes it's just better to just turn a blind eye and move onto the next forum post before starting a war ...
    Just sayin'.
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    uh-oh ... where's the popcorn when I need it.

This was obviously intended to be funny and not hurtful.
    We've all said something inappropriate or offensive at some point in our lives with the intent to amuse and never the intention to insult or hurt anyone. And if you say you haven't well, I'd be tempted to call you a liar.

Sometimes it's just better to just turn a blind eye and move onto the next forum post before starting a war ...
    Just sayin'.

Did you just say BLIND eye?!?!?! Hahaha just kidding. I'm more than inclined to agree, mental health is just my area to get pissy. We've all got one.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping a pillow fight breaks out.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call it CDO... in alphabetical order, as it should be.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You know what is the funniest thing ever? One time, I was telling my friend a story, and a fly landed right on her
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping a pillow fight breaks out.
    *puts on teddy and grabs a feather pillow*

I'm ready!
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    44wvc.jpg

You tell me right now where this breakdown in society is!!!

that is driving me insane...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    As the wife and mother of individuals with OCD, and as a mental health professional, this just so describes the disorder - the lack of completeness that keeps one going back over and over to try and make it right.

As the mother of a child with OCD, it doesn't quite describe it.

So many people have no idea what OCD is really like or about. It's not really about being a clean freak or needing things in a certain order.

An example of true OCD: "Having the thought that a loved one is going to die if you don't turn on the light switch ten times per day". That's just one example, but that is what OCD is really like.

OCD is debilitating and the people who have it suffer greatly.

I'm all for having fun and I know this post was not made in a serious manner, so I am not offended. In fact, I used to make these same jokes about my Marine husband and his neatfreak ways.

But now I know better. Thought you all should be educated as well.

Very true, I have pretty severe OCD, and it affects my life every minute of every day......

Some people think they are OCD if they wash their hands lots, or like everything in its place, or even like to check things a few times.

True OCD will not let your mind shut off it you do not do those things, or make you fear for your safety, or the safety of your family. OCD is one of those things where everyone thinks they have it, but take it from someone who actually does, it is hard to life with, hard to treat, and not all that common as people think.