Replies

• Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    *accidental double post
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    Big girl... becouse Im a big big girl in a big big world is not a big big thing if u leave meeeeeeeeeeeee!:wink:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash's version of Hurt sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.
    excellent choice you can hear the pain in him

Yes. I love the contrast between his version and the equally awesome NIN version. You can feel his experience in his voice. Love it!
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    and this one too:

Fix You by Coldplay

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
    When you get what you want, but not what you need
    When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
    Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
    When you lose something you can't replace
    When you love someone, but it goes to waste
    Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
    And ignite your bones
    And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
    When you're too in love to let it go
    But if you never try you'll never know
    Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

Tears stream down on your face
    When you lose something you cannot replace
    And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
    And I...

And ignite your bones

The live version of this song where thousands of people sing with/back to the band are -incredible.- You'll get chills!
  • NotAlone82
    NotAlone82 Posts: 32
    Options
    Also, Times by Tenth Ave North. Such a great song. It reminds me that no matter what, the Lord is there!!!!!

I love Praise and Worship music. I have Sooo many favorites.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "Love's Recovery"

Indigo Girls
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    excellent choice you can hear the pain in him

This, especially with the video

Agreed, that is one of the most powerful videos I've ever seen.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    FIx you - coldplay.

That, too. Wow.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "Baby Mine" from Dumbo
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Me and Bobbie McGee.

Tried to explain it to my daughter, Holland, once, when she was about 11. We were driving home. My father had just died. I tried to explain the line "I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for a single yesterday" by relating it to how much my Mother missed my Father. Couldn't finish. Got a lump in my throat and teared up. Just like I do right now. She looked at me like I had another eye growing in my forehead.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Who Knew by Pink. yeah....who knew...
  • NotAlone82
    NotAlone82 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh my Goodness....I bawled when that song came on the movie.
    "Baby Mine" from Dumbo
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Abide with me - It was at just about every funeral I have ever been to, and I can't listen to it without sobbing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vi5Zey1mk

Time to Say Goodbye - It was the music my Mum's coffin was carried out of the Church to...say no more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_0Mseq6ZY

At Last - The first dance at my Wedding
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2rZb7E0EY

Land of Hope and Glory/Jerusalem/Rule Britannia - all make my heart swell with pride at being English...awesomeness
  • litelight
    litelight Posts: 53
    Options
    Five hundred twenty-five thousand Six hundred minutes
  • GraceEsther
    GraceEsther Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lord have Mercy, by Robin Mark.

It always reminds me that man, in his fallen state, is not good enough to please the Lord without salvation, no matter how hard we try, and that God always has maercy for his children.

Above all, by Michael w. Smith
    this reminds me of how JEsus Christ humbled himself and became sin for the entire human race, and how I should not live for myself, but for the one who died to give me life.

Pirates of the Carribean theme, by klaus badelt

this humbles me because when I try to play it on piano imake it unrecognizeably horrible. and it makes me realize I am not as great a muscian as i thought i was. :)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head:

"Cats in the Cradle" Harry Chapin
    "The Foggy Dew" The Chieftains
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Above All" Michael W. Smith
    "How Deep the Father's Love for us" Selah
    "You Loved me Anyway" Sidewalk Prophets

It's humbling to think of that type of love and sacrifice being poured out for me.

"Jesus, Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns

This hits me hard every time. I can always think of a snap judgement I made about someone based on outward appearances or life cirmcumstances, and I know that's not how we were taught to live and love.

"Go Rest High"

This just reminds me of a good friend that we lost too soon, and this was fittingly played at his funeral. He struggled with schizophrenia his entire adult life and he knew all too well what it was like to "face the demons", it was almost a happy good bye knowing he was finally rid of that affliction.

Jesus, Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns is one of my favorite songs.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

For Sure...Amazing Man, Artist, singer and song writer. The world is a lesser place without him (yes I know he didnt write that song)
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Kyrie by Mr. Mister
    and
    Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw.

The first time I heard it was about a week after my Stepmom passed from cancer. About 3 years later I was having this weird problem with my vision only in my left eye and the doctor's couldnt figure out why. I left the 3rd doctor's office I had been to in two months and had just heard scary words like "blood clot", "aneurysm", "stroke"and "brain tumor". So I left there feeling like I had a time bomb in my head. That song came on the radio when I was driving home. I started crying so hard I had to pull over. It really made me think if this is the real end have I lived my life right? What will I be remembered for? Am I a good mom/friend? I forgave my sister. I spend more time with family and friends even when it's an inconvenience. I go out of my way to help strangers. I have more patience with everyone I come in contact with.
    The eye thing ended up being optic neuritis, inflammation of the optic nerve caused by multiple sclerosis. I'll tell you what, when that doctor told me it was MS, my first response was "Thats it? I'm not going to die?" I almost danced a jig around his office. He was stunned. :) But, I never forgot that moment and I never forgot that song. Five years later it still makes me cry.