Ok this is ridiiculous and I need to stop...

Options
So far I have been doing really well with my eating and excercise and then I will do things like today when I eat mentos and tic tacs. And I dont mean like a normal person I mean like an addict. I think I had 5 sticks of mentos and a container of orange tic tacs.. Add all that up and I reuninon all the hard work that I put into my days.

I need to stop eating that junk, it is terrible and for some reason at the time when I do it I dont think of it as a bad thing to eat.

But I know that is not true.

SO I am making a promise on here to myself infront of everyone that I am not going to eat that stuff anymore I am off the sauce, so to speak.

A promise is a promise and I will not break it.

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :drinker: you can do it!:drinker:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    you can do this and succeed, think positive!!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You GO Girl! :flowerforyou: :love:

We got your back! :drinker:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    What helps me is to log all my food before I eat it, like for the whole day if I can. That way I know if something is going to push my over my limits before I eat it, and I can change the plan.
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you all so much for the support.

And I like logging my food in the morning for the day, then I will think...Wait I can't have this it doesn't fit into my logged food plan.

I am off that stuff, it is a waste and then when I eat so much of it I get a stomach ack and I really dont like that.

So thank you again EVERYONE.

I can and WILL DO THIS!!!:happy:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    realizing it is half the battle.. just try not to even buy it or have it around. If it isnt readily available to you then you cant eat it.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Don't feel bad...over the weekend I killed almost an entire package of double stuff chocolate creme oreos. That's what I get for letting my toddler talk me into buying them.

We'll get back on track together.
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    realizing it is half the battle.. just try not to even buy it or have it around. If it isnt readily available to you then you cant eat it.

Here, here! I second that!!

My parents were visiting and my Dad (who is VERY healthy for his age of 62 and RARELY eats junk food) had a craving for some cheesies so I picked up a bag for him and made sure he took the rest of the bag home with them when they left this morning. Because I KNOW I would have a hard time ignoring them in the pantry.

Thinsky: if you find yourself "craving" those types of things, I suggest downing a huge glass of water first and if you still have the hankering, then chew a stick of sugar free gum, or better yet keep a ziploc bag of fresh, raw carrots or peppers at hand.
  • thinsky
    Options
    Ok GreenEyed Monster we are back on the Wagon and we will stay on it.
    Thanks for the tips and encouregment SDawgW.

It helps to get feedback from others so I dont feel like I am going at this alone.

And I agree if I dont have that stuff around then I can't eat and I dont need to buy it anymore from the store what a waste of Money and when I am trying to dave every cent we have for our wedding every dollar counts!!!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Once you stop eating them you won't even miss them
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying junk food, but only recently. I kept picking up little treats here and there for my daughter to give as rewards for doing certain chores, etc. But then I realized that I am teaching her one of the WORST habits when it comes to food: REWARDING WITH FOOD.

Instead of junk food, we will do a fun activity together like kicking the soccer ball in the yard or doing some fingerpainting, etc.

I find it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier these days to stick to my meal plans when I don't have to worry about seeing the junk laying around.

Although...........hahahhaa..........on a side note......I decorate cakes on the side and lucky for me, I'm not a fan of cake anymore. There's something about seeing how things are made and what goes into it that turns me off. After I made my first batch of buttercream icing and fondant, I was done with it. So much sugar and lard. Blah! But there are times when I'm faced with the candy aisle at the grocery store, looking for things to add to my customers' cakes. I always choose things that I don't like, that way I'm never tempted to eat the "leftovers".

So another suggestion is to try to research videos ("How It's Made" tv show, even) of certain junk foods being made. Potato chips, for example. I nearly tossed my cookies when I saw that one. BARF!!!

Another thing that I started doing whenever I'm tempted to snack on something extra, regardless of whether or not it's healthy, is I will literally smack my own hand away. Hard, too. I've done that on five or six different occasions and rarely ever reach for "unjournalled" foods (I plan my meals a day ahead of time).

Keep with it - don't let today's slip up throw you off track. Just because you break one dish doesn't mean you throw away the entire set, right? :wink:
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Options
    Just because you break one dish doesn't mean you throw away the entire set, right? :wink:

I like that!! :smile:
  • thinsky
    Options
    I liked that too....

Ok OK I am going to slap my hand away and I am headed to my food log and I am going to put in what I m going to eat tomorrow and stick with it. No slip ups... I can do this, I want to be the thin one standing up at my wedding!!!!!!!!
  • thinsky
    Options
    :smile: Ok I just went and filled in my food for all day tomorrow and I printed it out to keep with me when I am away from this site.

It is already locked in and so I must stick with it!!!!!
    And I will and I will report back on how I am doing with that. I think I am on to something here. Thank you all so very much and I know the road is not going to be with out its pot holes and such but I am going to learn to move around them and work with them and not let them throw me off.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We all mess up. Don't be TOO strict with yourself either. :smile: