Is it normal??

Options
I just started MFP a week ago today. I had my first weigh in today, and I lost 6.8 pounds. Is this normal? I just wondering is this something that I can keep up? Can I expect that next week won't be successful even if I stay on the same path? Just wanted to know what some of you thought? :smile:

Replies

• thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    WHat are you eating and how much are you excercising. How much do you have to lose?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight.. see if it stays off for two weeks or more and then you will know if it's fat or water.. but either way don't stop what your doing.. keep eating healthy and working out..
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is normal and is due to the water weight your body is flushing out. So enjoy it while it lasts!!! It will start tapering off over the next few weeks as you body adjusts to this new way of living! :flowerforyou:

Feels good though right?! :wink:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Also if your a bigger person in the begining you loose it faster, and then in tapers off...CONGRATS though:wink:
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    I loose that much after my period. LOL.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I think i lost about 4 pounds my first week, mostly water I am sure.. but that quickly tapered off to about 2-2.5 pounds a week, pretty steady as long as I continue my healthy eating and abundant exercise!

Dont get frustrated if it doesnt fall off that fast all the time, just stick with it and in six months you will look back on where you are right now, and you will be very happy with the results.

good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    This is normal and is due to the water weight your body is flushing out. So enjoy it while it lasts!!! It will start tapering off over the next few weeks as you body adjusts to this new way of living! :flowerforyou:

Feels good though right?! :wink:

Yup, Channing and Tiffany gave you great advice, couldn't have said it better myself! :smile: