Need low cal ideas for food!

karissastephens
karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am really hungry but my calories are disappearing fast.

I need ideas for some really good filling food but low in calories

Replies

• Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    If you're looking for "real" food I always try to fill up on a lot of veggies with my meals to get me full and keep me satisfied. If you're looking for "snacky" ideas I really like air-popped popcorn, baby carrots, and grapes. These are just things that work for me. . . may not be for everyone so I hope it helps you in some way :smile:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but, I think it is good. If you are into vegetables it will be, if not, then it may be too bland. You can always spice it up a bit, though.

I just made this this past weekend:

Spaghetti Squash: Split it in half with a knife (it's really hard to cut so be careful) -
    Scoop out the seeds and the stringy pulp.
    cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes with the cut side up.
    Once somewhat cool, you can scoop out the squash (it will be stringy - this is why they call it spaghetti squash). Take low salt crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, or whatever else you can think of to spice up. You could put spaghetti sauce on it and it would still be low-cal. Sprinkle some low fat cheese of any kind on it. I usually melt in once everything is mixed together and heat it up in the microwave at work.

You could also put chicken in this dish as well and still would be low cal with some lean protein or even ground turkey, etc.

Hope someone likes this. I know everyone's tastes are different so I won't be offended. :bigsmile:

Good luck!
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    We like chicken kabobs on the grill.
    Chicken, onions, red peppers, mushrooms, and squash. Add a little soy sauce.... mmm mmm
    Under 300 calories :smile:
  • karissastephens
    Well. My calorie limit is 1,360.

I have 500 left for today. I just ate some veggies and hummus and some yogurt pretzles but am still starving! :(
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Try Shredded Wheat with light milk Its all fiber and will fill you up :)
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast, or in a whole grain wrap always fills me up! :wink:
  • llrmax
    llrmax Posts: 9
    Drink a large glass of water and then eat some almonds. I munch on cinnamon almonds all day -25 of these generics are really low in calories. Also fruit - blueberries and strawberries-watermelon-apples. Low fat yogurt and low fat cottage cheese are good. Lots and Lots of vegetables/salads. I eat all day too but have taken off the weight by just eating raw clean food..nothing processed :flowerforyou:
  • karissastephens
    okay thanks guys! Any ideas for more of a hot meal?
This discussion has been closed.