Help!!! I need recipes.

Options
donna56
donna56 Posts: 412
I was wondering if anyone has some good inexpensive recipes that doesn't have alot of fat or calories. I am suppose to eat as little red meat as possible, but I guess it won't hurt if cooked it on the foreman grill or outside grill.:ohwell: Thanks

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Search the message boards, people post recipes all the time. I just make things up and through them in a crock pot. I don't have time to cook often.
  • donna56
    Options
    Thanks, I don't cook too often myself
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I just finished eating my creation Mexican Stir Fry:

1 tbsp olive oil
    Sprinkles of garlic powder, salt, chile powder and pepper (I like it spicey :)
    2 cups of your fav veggies (tonight I used onions, brocolli and orange bell peppers)
    1/2 a chicken breast (grilled or roasted), cut into pieces (I pre-make 6 breasts of chicken every sunday and have them in the fridge to make stuff during the week quickly)
    1/2 can of pinto or black beans
    2 tbsp of your favorite salsa

Heat olive oil in a skillet, put in your veggies and let them cook to your taste (I like them after 7 minutes, not crunchy, not soggy). Sprinkle with garlic powder, chile powder, salt and pepper to taste.
    Add the beans and chicken and mix it around until everything is heated
    Spoon it into a bowl and top with a serving of salsa.

If I have whole wheat tortillas (which I did not tonight, but it was still delicious), I have one of those with it. You can also sprinkle with reduced fat shredded cheese (again, did not have tonight but the spices and salsa are really the heart of the flavor).

This serves one; I live alone :glasses:

Calories: 480
    Fat: 16
    Carbs: 43
    Sugar: 5
    Protein: 26
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Mine
  • donna56
    Options
    Thank you:smile:
  • donna56
    Options
    This sounds very good, Thank you
    I just finished eating my creation Mexican Stir Fry:

1 tbsp olive oil
    Sprinkles of garlic powder, salt, chile powder and pepper (I like it spicey :)
    2 cups of your fav veggies (tonight I used onions, brocolli and orange bell peppers)
    1/2 a chicken breast (grilled or roasted), cut into pieces (I pre-make 6 breasts of chicken every sunday and have them in the fridge to make stuff during the week quickly)
    1/2 can of pinto or black beans
    2 tbsp of your favorite salsa

Heat olive oil in a skillet, put in your veggies and let them cook to your taste (I like them after 7 minutes, not crunchy, not soggy). Sprinkle with garlic powder, chile powder, salt and pepper to taste.
    Add the beans and chicken and mix it around until everything is heated
    Spoon it into a bowl and top with a serving of salsa.

If I have whole wheat tortillas (which I did not tonight, but it was still delicious), I have one of those with it. You can also sprinkle with reduced fat shredded cheese (again, did not have tonight but the spices and salsa are really the heart of the flavor).

This serves one; I live alone :glasses:

Calories: 480
    Fat: 16
    Carbs: 43
    Sugar: 5
    Protein: 26
  • donna56
    Options
    I think I may have found a good one. I just typed in low fat, low carb, & low calorie recipes and did a little looking.

Spicy Beef Wrap
    (low fat & low calorie recipe)

Spicy Beef Wrap

1 pound beef top sirloin, 3/4" thick
    1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    6 low-fat flour tortillas, 6-8 inches in diameter
    1 cup fat-free sour cream
    1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
    6 cups lettuce, shredded
    1/2 large red onion, chopped
    1 large tomato, chopped

Preheat broiler in oven and set rack about 3 to 4 inches below heating elements.

Cut all visible fat from sirloin steak. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the beef and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.

Heat broiler; broil steak approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done to your preference using a meat thermometer (see below).

Rare - 120°F
    Medium Rare - 125°F
    Medium - 130°F

When the steaks are done to your liking, remove from oven, let sit 15 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven). Slice steak across grain into 1/8-inch slices.

Warm tortillas according to package directions.

In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and horseradish. Spread 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture over the top of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1 cup of lettuce; sprinkle with chopped red onion and tomatoes. Divide beef into equal portions and top each tortilla with beef.

Fold one end of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping and serve.

Makes 6 servings.

Ingredient Options:
    Substitute cooked and shredded chicken.
    Substitute chopped fresh or roasted red, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers.

Spicy Beef Wraps - Nutritional Information
    I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the below information. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.

Item Amount Fat Grams Calories WW Points
    Sirloin Steak 1 pound 68.2 984 25.8
    tortillas, flour, low-fat 6 each 3.6 720 14.2
    sour cream, fat-free 1 cup 0 189 4.2
    horseradish 1 tablespoon 1.5 15 .9
    lettuce 6 cups shredded 0 60 .8
    tomato, large 1 each .6 38 1.1
    onion, red 1/2 large 0 30 .9
    Recipe Totals 73.9 2036 47.9
    Recipe makes 6 servings.

Each Serving Totals - 12.3 Fat Grams, 339.3 calories, 7.9 WW Points
  • tymaddox
    Options
    Tonight I made a delicious wrap:

1 light Flatout whole-wheat wrap
    1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge
    Pesto
    6 cherry tomatoes, halved
    1/2 cup chopped chicken
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    ~10 spinach leaves

Spread cheese and pesto on the wrap, then place on chicken, tomatoes, spinach, and sprinkle on the garlic. Wrap it up, and then cook it on a George Foreman grill for a few minutes. It's delicious!