Hidden Calories ... Do you count these ???

Options
2»

Replies

• tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I never freak out about 100-300 calories, because I still come in below on my maintenance numbers that way.

I also exercise enough that I really don't think number like that do not matter. For example, I don't count the 4 floors with of steps I take 3-4 times a day as exercise.

All is well, don't freak out too much over the little things :glasses:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Do you count chickens before they hatch? thats the real question!

:laugh:

I can't quite figure out the 'which came first - the chicken or the egg' conundrum, so no I don't count them because I haven't decided, but I do log the calories burned by the hamsters running around in my brain wheel working on figuring that one out...
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    good question never thought of calories in a vitamin. Thanks for posting this and bringing to my attention.+
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If it's hidden, how do you know you should count it??

Also, I don't take vitamins.

Why do people think they are hidden ???? My fish oil and coconut oil ... are ... get this ... OIL ! Hmmmmmm, crazy huh ?
    You're the one who called this topic "hidden calories." What's hidden about something that's plainly labeled?
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    Oh my god. Depending on how you are eating vitamins could be 8 - 11 percent of your daily calories. Oh. My god.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    I've been logging my vitamins since I started taking them, and they were in the database as 0 calories. I just scanned the barcodes with the app and they still come up as zero calories. I've been losing weight consistently so I'll just carry on!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes I loggeed and counted my vitamins, calories in needs to be logged. Luckily my vitamin now does not have any to count now
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If it's hidden, how do you know you should count it??

Also, I don't take vitamins.

Why do people think they are hidden ???? My fish oil and coconut oil ... are ... get this ... OIL ! Hmmmmmm, crazy huh ?
    You're the one who called this topic "hidden calories." What's hidden about something that's plainly labeled?

" Hidden Calories " was in reference to things we consume and don't realize they have calories / macros that could be counted if one would like to keep an accurate number ... but hey, it's not for everybody and I never meant to offend the people who don't want to be bothered ...

To each is own ... Oui ? :flowerforyou:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My vitamin doesn't list any calories, and it's zero calories in the database. If I thought they had 80 calories I'd definitely count them, but guessing they don't.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I log all medications and supplements even if they have no calories....its a good reminder to me as to whether or not I took them. :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Mine have zero cals, so I don't log them.
  • kelsafish
    kelsafish Posts: 39
    Options
    I used to log them when I took the chewables because they added about an extra 100 cal a day to my diet. But now I'm on a zero calorie vitamin and I take two fish oil at night. I rarely meet my caloric goals so those two fish oil pills at night aren't going to put me overboard by any means.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I log mine even though they are 0 cals just so I remember if I've taken them or not
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine don't have any calories listed on the bottle and they're not in the database,nothing on their website either. I assume they're 0 calorie.