Calorie deficit!? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You go over your sugar allowance everyday. No more minute maid, one dessert treat per day.

unless you are diabetic, sugar intake doesn't really matter, for weight loss sugar is just a carb, I would suggest not even tracking it.

You're not going to have the body shape you want when consuming a lot of sugar. Sugar had no nutrition so you're better off consuming calories that benefit your body. I noticed you entered homemade carrot cake yesterday but didn't add any sugar calories for it. I agree that you need to cut back on the starbucks.

I am not a diabetic although diabetes does run through my family. I definately plan on cutting back on the sugar, any Ideas of foods that are low in sugar?? or sugar subsitutes?
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Options
    Ehh, you're fine.
    ^^^This. You should be fine if you keep it up. Don't weigh yourself everyday. There's a lot that can happen in a day to cause to fluctuate 1-3 pounds. Weigh yourself in the mornings no more than once a week.

Thanks!! :D
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Options
    My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day, and burn 830 calories a week. My calorie deficit is 520.. Can some one please review my diary, am I eating too less or too much? In the pass I would loose three pounds and gain it all back the next day. I think I am a bit confused on how to approach my goal the correct way. Also can some one explain to me what a calorie deficit is? Thanks!!

So, MFP should give you enough guidance that you don't have to worry about your calorie deficit. When you set your goal to lose x pounds per week, it automatically calculates what your net calories each day should be. Eat more than 1200 so you don't go into starvation mode, and exercise to burn off enough to hit your net calorie goal that MFP has provided. That means you can eat 1400 and burn 200 that day. If your goal is to burn 830 calories per week, that's great, but that's just your personal goal for exercise, not what the MFP calculator is taking into consideration.

Essentially, I'd recommend for the goal of 1200 that MFP has given you (according to your diary): Eat 1500 calories per day and burn 300 through exercise (that's about 30 minutes of vigorous exercise) or eat about 1400 and burn about 200 (going on a 30 minute walk, maybe).

Finally, I do have to say that your diary doesn't quite look like that of a person who says she "likes to cook"! Try making your own healthy recipes with fresh foods. You're more likely to be satisfied with less-calorie dense foods like veggies (roasted! in salad! in soup!) than you are with processed foods that are "low cal" or "low fat" (Lean Cuisine, Lean Pockets).

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me :)

I'm totally going to add you, this info was extremly helpful. Sad truth is that I LOVE TO COOK. I just never have the time. :'( Eating lean cuisine seems like an easy way out for me. Maybe I should try preparing food ahead of time or something. If you have any reciepes for easy lunches please share with me :D
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Options
    How much sodium are you getting? That 3lbs you are losing and gaining could all be water weight. Unless you have a problem with sugar, I would not bother to track that. Eating a couple of pieces of fruit or a yogurt will always put you over. I'd track sodium instead. Anytime I go over 2500mg of sodium, the scale shoots up 2 to 5 lbs! Drinking about 10 cups of water the next couple of days always makes the scale go back down.

My sodium is generally real low, Looks like sugar is one of my worst enemies! Thanks! I need to drink more water, its been a problem thing for me
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Options
    My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day, and burn 830 calories a week. My calorie deficit is 520.. Can some one please review my diary, am I eating too less or too much? In the pass I would loose three pounds and gain it all back the next day. I think I am a bit confused on how to approach my goal the correct way. Also can some one explain to me what a calorie deficit is? Thanks!!

If you are burning 830 and eating 1200, your net calories are 520, your deficit would be more like 1600. This is assuming your maintenance calories are around 2000 before adding exercise, then if you burn 800 maintenance would be 2800, so if you eat 1200, your deficit would be 1600 (2800-1200)

If MFP gives you a goal of 1200, you should eat that 1200, plus everything you burn from exercise, so if you burn 800, eat 2000 to net 1200 (2000-800)

Thank you! this has been super helpful!!!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When I first started I got all hung up on my calorie deficit. I became borderline obsessed with dieting. Now I simply listen to my body. Some days I eat 1200 calories, some days I eat 2000 calories. My main focus is the quality of food I am eating. I try my best to eat clean instead of worrying about the calories. People who eat a mostly clean diet, usually lose weight and keep it off without even worrying about counting calories. I also feel a consistent exercise routine aids in weight loss in maintenance. Good luck and add me if you need support and/or motivation.

16774070.png
  • jotrier
    jotrier Posts: 7
    Options
    Stevia is best sugar alt. it's actually an herb so it's not a man-made chemical. Much better for you and it's 0 cal.
    You go over your sugar allowance everyday. No more minute maid, one dessert treat per day.

unless you are diabetic, sugar intake doesn't really matter, for weight loss sugar is just a carb, I would suggest not even tracking it.

You're not going to have the body shape you want when consuming a lot of sugar. Sugar had no nutrition so you're better off consuming calories that benefit your body. I noticed you entered homemade carrot cake yesterday but didn't add any sugar calories for it. I agree that you need to cut back on the starbucks.

I am not a diabetic although diabetes does run through my family. I definately plan on cutting back on the sugar, any Ideas of foods that are low in sugar?? or sugar subsitutes?